Football Picks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Alright, for you football nuts, or just nuts in general, I've started a NFL Picks Pool on B'man's weekly NFL picks website. There's no betting, just bragging rights. Here's the website:

http://nflpicks.bman.com/makepicks.cfm

The menu bar has a link "Pools" with a drop down menu "Join a Pool".

Enter your own username and password, scroll down to our pool and enter our pool password. "Bucket Mouths" and the password is "lunker", go figure, eh.

Anyway, just make your weekly picks before game day and the site tracks all players wins/losses, and someone gets to talk smack at the end of the year:lol: Our pool is also ranked against all other pools on the site, which is several thousand. Come make your picks and enjoy the season...Go Seahawks!

JP

Jp,

I signed up for the pool. I can't wait. Two of the other guys already made picks. According to the site, they calculate wins by the spread. According to the site, no spread has been set yet.

Hey Dan, good luck in the pool, the "Poly Guy" is actually me as I gained that moniker after I started running polygraphs for CID and slick nick is my son. Yeah, spreads will start after the first games and they can be tricky, some weeks the only games I have lost was because of the spread, other weeks they helped me out.

JP

The only pic I am going to make is that the Lions will not make it to the Championship (Super Bowl). Its been 50 years, whats one more??? LOL

Championship???? Dude,....they've only made the playoff's ONCE in 50 years!! So far they're undefeated in the pre-season though, so that means they'll be 2 & 14 in December!!:p:rolleyes:

The only thing MORE assured than death and taxes is the Lion's SUCKING!!

I had NO idea it's been 50 years since the Lions have won a championship.:eek: I could have lost money on that because I would have been thinking of the late 50's and early 60's when football was football and they were a tough team. :lol::lol::lol: Wait a minute, THAT HAS BEEN 50 YEARS!:lol::lol::lol: Man, this getting old is a drag.:(:lol:

So the last time they went to a Championship game was when Glanville was their coach and they played the Skins' in RFK Stadium? OK, I'll volunteer to pull for the Lions, after the Skins' of course, to help get them a little farther along than they have been for a long time! You'd better appreciate that because it could put a hex on me for life!!

Detroit Helmet.jpg

Uncle Billy -- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dont pull for the Lions! All you are doing is setting yourself up for disappointment!

I am a lifelong fan that is about as fed up as one can get. One championship in 1957, one post season victory since 1957 occured in 1991. But yet they sell out everygame!

If you owned the team and could pack a new stadium (Ford Field) why would you care about winning? I have blamed the players, coaches, head coach, General manager, owners, NFL, heck even my neighbors...lol Now I see where the blame is...it is one of two things.

One - The FANS! If we quit going to the game and buying parking, beer, merchandise, food, drinks, etc. theyw ill have nio choice but to improve so people will come back....but why? If the fools here in Detroit want to go watch them....why change?

Two - "The curse of The Barry" We once had the most prolific running back in NFL history and we let him walk away from the game. Well actually he ran and I didnt blame him one bit. But if Boston Red Sox can overcome "the curse of the Babe" then we can overcome the curse of The Barry!!! LOL

So save your money and bet against the "Lie-Downs" (as I so affectionatly call them....I think they MIGHT win 5 games this year!

We had 2 Heisman Trophy winner's here,..Billy Simms and Barry...and we still couldn't get it done.....I think the last playoff game they won was when Barry was a rookie. One of the BEST players I've ever seen here was Chris Spielman from Ohio State,...man i hate the buckeye's, but I'd sure welcome a few more of those dudes IF they have the intensity and guts that he had!! Unbelievable!!

Billy Simms was at our BPS store last fall....I had him autograph this ball for my Father-in-Law....man was he stoked to get that,....he was THEE Billy fan of all time!! LOL

Bill&BillySims.jpg