Follow-up for T-Roy and Sharkhide...

• Thread starter TOMMY RICH [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/59
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
T-Roy...man that's awful close to Teeboy:)!

Anyhow...if it's a bad scum line I would recommend about any acid cleaner to remove the worst,then polish. Zip makes a good acid base cleaner but, BE CAREFUL and don't get it around the graphics and don't let it set for more than a couple seconds. Pretty caustic stuff and you'll have to wear rubber gloves but, works good.

If it's not that bad I would just go ahead and polish it down the sides,top,transom and down the front to where it curves to the bottom(below eye level). Figured there was no need to do the bottom which after a while would probably wear off.

Sharkhide claims that it can last up to ten years on a trailered vessel and up to two years in the water. I believe it! This is my second season and it's wearin' good..overall still looks great. Just wipe er down like a glass rig to keep the scum off...Trust me I don't wipe it down like some of the anal glass owners(Illcatchhellforthatone:) but, just giver a quicky to keep er lookin' good.

Looks like I need to put somethin' in the "grab bag" for procedure...

TEE
DSC00084.JPG

Thanks. I like to fish too much to worry with wiping down my boat every time I go fishing. I will check the grab bag for how you go about cleaning it up. Looks like we have the same boat except mine has a 50 hp.

Back