Fluorocarbon tangles and knots?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Welc

Reaction score
I fish ultra clear strip mines in the midwest. I have been using fluorocarbon line for the last couple of seasons but it seems to twist, tangle and knot all of the time, I have used 3 different brands. I mean I have strung 3 reels in the last couple of weeks 2 of the 3 have knots in them. Maybe it

You'll like it better on a baitcaster. I haven't seen many that resist coiling on spinning gear. Use it for leader only or try switching to a BC reel for less knotting. The XPS fluorocarbon is one of the limpest FC lines I've used. IMHO

I use Seagar Carbon Pro on a Diawa Caprice 2000 and have no problems, just don't overfil the spool.

I use 8# Seagar Fluro on my Daiwa 2500 spinning reel, and it works fine.

Thanks for the input. I haven't tried XPS or Seager yet. I've tried Vanish, Stren and P-LineThe funny thing is I like Diawa reels and the GM Guide Series is supposedly made by Diawa. My buddy has the same reel and he swears it's the reel. I only fill up the reel about 40% full.

I use BPS XPS 10 lb test. Works great on my Okuma. I do use a swivel when I am tossing Senko's. Great line. I have it on just about all my Baitcasters.

Max <><

Thanks everyone. I have also been using a swivel which helps a little. I may go out and purchase another reel and see how it works. The bummer is last year GM had a clearence on those reels so I bought 4 of them. Oh well.

Back