Fishing Trip To Ky Lake

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
Wanted to tell you about the fishing trip. We rented a house on the water with a covered double slip dock, no pulling the boat in and out of the water, that was real handy at 4:45 in the morning, it is daylight there at 5am. Every day on the water before the sun came up. I don't know how the pros do it, after a full week of fishing morning and evening, by the end of the week I was beat. Velcro told me to fish the ledges and I thought I was, waters edge to 30 feet off bank it was 30-35 feet deep. For someone who never fishes deep water, that is a ledge. He called me Thursday to see how we were doing and explained to me what "ledges" were, we moved off the bank but didn't find the big ones. We caught tons of fish but most were under 15 inches. All the over 15 inches came from deadwood on the main lake, about 15 with a couple of 3-3.5 pounders. By Thursday almost nothing was biting even the little spotted bass slowed down. My brother and his wife, who live in Nebraska so a 3 lb bass is a big bass, met us there and we had a good time. Thanks to all who were able to give me advice on where to and with what.

Sorry you couldn't get into the big ones, but glad you had a good time. I wish my schedule would have let me meet you up there. Once you find the right ledges it can be magical.

3 tournaments on Saturday, out of the dam took 27 to win, New Johnsonville took 29 and charity tournament out of Paris took 21 to be in the top 20 and 31 to win. Two years ago it was taking 20-22 to win this time of year. Grass is the best thing that can happen to a lake!

Back