Fishing Sucks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
Well went out on the Conowingo Lake today to see if it was me or my father that was bad luck on my tour.. Must be me (not to be confused with ME/Stacie) The wind just seems to follow me around.. Caught 1 nice Sunfish on a crank bait,took 20 mins to get the engine started,Something ate the ducer of the back of the boat,Engine shut off half way back across the lake (had to repump primer bulb)lost a rod and reel combo in the lake,broke another rod,(4th in last 2 months) come home to 4 cats and 2 rabbits that don't care how my day went as long as they got fed.. I feel like selling the whole lot and buying a dirtbike.. Good news I am down to 175lbs 10 more to go then I can make a pizza and eat the whole thing..

Sorry Stress

BF

Did you fish the rocks down by the dam. Jig and pig use to work real well there this time of year, unless shad are stacked up in that one back bay area, then a white plastic imitation shad worked great. We all have are bad days. I spent six weeks this summer without a trolling motor, because the thing kept breaking. Something different every time I went out. Three poles broke, two trolling motors and lost a lens out of my glasses. Not a good year. Looking forward to a better one next year,

I don't know about the shad but the gull's were stacked up big time near the ramp at 5 hole. And so were the boats..

Went back to broad creek and everybody else was there (out of the wind)

BF

Bruce,

I'll trade weekends with you... With the weekend we've had as long as we don't fish together, we should be alright.

I haven't fished Conowingo in years so I can't help with that body of water but have not had much luck anywhere I've been for the last couple of weeks on the lakes and rivers of the Eastern Shore of MD or DE. I went on the Choptank River yesterday and fished five hours without a hit. I stopped at a small lake on the way home and had the same result. The weather around here has not helped much. It's either a "blue bird sky" day with high pressure or a cold front moving in. Fortunately I have not had the equipment bad luck you guys have had. Well, not since poking that hole in the boat last week:)

Bill

Bruce

I've been where you are and know how you feel. Feel fortunate you have water to fish. We have a few 120 acre impoundments and a river to fast and dirty to be very interesting where I live. Plus a drought that's dried up most ponds. Congraduations on the weight loss. Are you gonna post before and after photos? Keep your chin up.

fatrap

DON'T buy the dirtbike, Bruce!

I've still got scars on my shins from running into trees 30 years ago with my 250 Rickman/Montessa.

I still remember Steve gettin' so pissed at his Hodaka (125 cc bike with this big, chrome tank ment to bust balls if you didn't land the jump properly) wa-a-ay back in the Clark National Forest near Potosi, Mo that he threw it down the hill 'cuz it was too far to drag it back. Ended up having to almost carry it.

120# Ken trying to kick start his 400 (?) Husky the first time - like a flea kicking a mule - and puking his guts out from exhaustion.

Boats is MUCH safer! :^)

me!

ME you of all people I would have thought would have supported the bike therory. Going for the crash and burn blaze of glory thing. Did it before 20 some years ago and have the back pain to remember it by.. Not smart enough for the before and after pic or I could have sold it to 1 of them diet companys to say I used there product..haa maybe after if I can bum a camera Mine moved out..Tony I am not sure you and I should be allowed on the same body of water anytime soon.. I got 3 VK days left this year 25,26,27 of Oct I may just lock myself in the garage I rent and and do the bodywork and paint my car so I can bring my tools home and get rid of the extra bill...

BF

Back