Fishing South Watuppa

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno G.

Reaction score
My bass club has a tournament on South Watuppa in Fall River, MA. The tournament is near the end of this month. Any information or fishing locations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot and good fishing.

Reno

Reno - I believe this is the pond right off of Rt24 going to RI, right? I'm only a weekend fisherman so take what I say with a grain of salt ... I remember picking up on some good bass to the right of the ramp as you take off. You will know where I am talking about when you see it. They may even be setting up to spawn real soon in that corner. If you are there early enough and there are any pads or weeds, use a scum frog. I got quite a few hits on that. Also got some smaller bights on a senko. My brother also connected in that area with a chartruese/white spinnerbait (3/8 oz) with willow blades.

Also go all the way to the southern end. We couldn't get to the very end because it was so shallow but got a few bass on senkos and yamamoto twin tail grubs in watermelon and pumkin.

Outside of that, there is a swell or island directly out in front of the ramp - you will pick it up on your depth finder - that is where it seems everyone in boats fish off of. If that's the case - try where I said. I saw some guys catching along the shore on the western side so if you fish to the right of the ramp and then kept going south along the shore, you will be in the stretch where guys were fishing. Didn't notice alot of strikes, though.

Overall, it isn't that deep - maybe 15 - 20' max but averages out at about 7 - 10' deep. The other thing I remember about this place is that it gets real windy as the majority of the lake is in the open. If you fish the submerged island, you may want to take a drop anchor or wind sock or put markers down. one last thing - we fished in July or August so I am guessing it will be somewhat different.

Hope that helps. Let me know what you think if oyu prefish and then how you did after the tournament. Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Thanks for the tips. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Reno

Go straight out from the ramp fish the left bank after the point. You may here Gun fire up there there is a gun club or shooting range throw cranks, blue gill or blue gill tubes up close, Lots and I mean Lots of rocks. Ton of fish. Last year Mass bass fished it and there where 70 boats and I think like 65 caught limits of 8. Me and my partner came in 7th. It has a ton of 2 pound fish in it, with some good lunkers. Oh yeah fish the reeds on that bank too further down and fish it skinny I mean 6 to 10 inches of water with the tubes bring plenty cause you will lose some from all the rocks and the fact you can't get to them due to rocks. Be careful there plenty of glass left on rocks there. :angry:

Back