Fishing Rod Holders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Bradley

Reaction score
I have a Pro Team 165. Would like to install some sort of flush mount rod holder, or possibly rod holders that are removable, but leave behind a mounting plate.

Not sure what is under the decking? Hoping someone might have a picture of what one looks like with the front & rear deck removed. Don't want to drill into anything I shouldn't.

Looking at the Dotline rod holders, models 1150 or 1120. Not sure what else might be available?

Thanks,

Bill,

The wiring should run up the right hand side.It should be tucked tightly against the sides of the boat.As long as you stay out a few inches,you should not hit anything.

You will also have braces that run front to back under the front deck.If you look close you should be able to see where the screws are holding the deck down to them.

Other than that you should hit nothing but a little foam.

The rear deck should be nothing but what you can see in the bilge area.

Steve

I saw a set of rod holders at a show once.I could kick myself for not buying them.You could twist them,pull them whatever,and the rod would not release.

But if you lifted straight up,they came right out.

They were slicker than frog snot,but for the life of me I cannot remember who made them.

Give a good look at RAM holders... Then also, the products from Tite-loc

Bill--

I use rod holders from Cabelas (think they are made by Scotty)-- Work great-- Note the arrows on the pic, -- If you look close you can see the 2 ways I mounted the bases.

Hope this helps.

good Luck HaleDamage------------------Rick Hale
RodHolers1.jpg

Bill -

I used to do a lot of catfishing in the Mississippi out of my Nitro 180. I used the Roberts rod holders that I've linked below. The bases mounted to the insides of the gunnels of my boat and the holders themselves could easily be removed. The holders come with bases and additional bases can be purchased seperately. I had 4 of the holders and mounted 6 bases so that I could move the rods to different positions.

If you go this route, they have 2 sizes..... Do Not go with the smaller size; it isn't wide enough to accept most of my medium-heavy rods.

The Roberts holders and mounting bases used to also be available at WallyWorld.

Good Fishin'!

me!
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...rClassCode=11&hvarSubCode=7&hvarTarget=browse

Thanks guys for the advice.

Steve, appreciate the info on the wiring.

Greg, I have looked at the Tite-Loc, but I can't get into the rear deck area, it is blocked by sheetmetal. Could cut, but still no real access where the fuel tank is. If I could see the RAM mounts - the ones that mount flush to the deck I might use those.

Thanks Guys!!!

I think the lightbulb may have went on. I can use the tite-loc mounts after all. Didn't quite know how I was going to mount them - was not able to get to the bottom part of the decking to put a nut on the screw.

Went by Lowes and saw some brass threaded inserts. That may do the trick. I wouldn't need access to the bottom side of the decking.

Thanks guys

Look at the Down East rod holders....lift straight up and they release.

Mini

Back