Fishing platform for 3rd person

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hartman

Reaction score
We have a 2003 Tracker PT175. We will have a third person on the boat fishing with us on vacation this year. Is anything made that might convert the passenger area of the boat into a comfortable fishing area. I don't want to ruin the person's experience by making them fish from the seats or stand up all the time. We're planning to switch positions around to keep anyone from getting too tired, but still this has to have come up from time to time. Any hints or contraptions someone has come up with to help out a third person on such a boat? Thanks.

...BillH

I don't have a PT 175 but I do have a 17' Xpress and what we do when we fish three people is take all the fishing seats out and the person in the middle can fish from the front deck or the back deck. its a little tough and can be hard on your feet if you are not use to standing for long periods.....but it provides the most room in my opinion.

Bill,

I have thought of adding two seat pedistal bases to the floor of mine.

When I take the wife and kids out for a ride the kids have to sit on cushins on the floor.I want to be able to drop the two fishing seats into the holes for the kids to sit on,but add a post and you have another fishing seat.

Somthing like that?

You can get the bases out of BPS.

Steve
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...arClassCode=4&hvarSubCode=9&hvarTarget=browse

Yeah, I thought about that too and I already have an extra pedestal and seat, wouldn't be an extra expense there. I just didn't know what I'd get in to if I drilled a hole in the floor for the post support to fit down into. I wonder what's under there...

I have a 2003 PT185 and have looked under the floor-not much there. Take off your floor drain just in front of the center seat and get one of those mechanics mirrors on a rod and have a look around under the deck. Biggest problem would probably be getting the carpet to look like the other pedestal areas.

Back