Fishing Observation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Klein

Reaction score
This is simply one man's experience. Yesterday, I took an opportunity to visit the Chapel on the Lake. i had a hard time starting the Big Mo; I think I flooded her up. Anyway, just as the battery seemed to be giving up the ghost it fired up. Since the Chapel isn't very big, I decided to let Big Mo run while I was running the bank. Knowing the boat would be floating safely in 8 feet of water I felt confident I would not inadvertantly ruin the prop. Regardless, to the observation, my fishing [catching] was not appreciably hindered by Big Mo's noise.

It's a common thought by many I've spoke to that constant noise doesn't spook fish nearly as badly as a start/stop/start noise. I have a friend who swears that keeping his trolling motor on constant helps him catch many more fish than a stop and go routine on it. Don't know if he was right or not, but he used to outfish me quite often... so maybe he has a point.

All the best,

Glenn

This may sound dumb, but if motors spooked fish so badly, trolling with a gas motor wouldn't work. I do think you can spook them with movement and noise.

I always run with the radio playing, the speakers mounted to the hull. It seemed to help with the start and stop of the trolling motor.

my 2 cents

cq

Latest posts

Back