Fishing Lake Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Filippini

Reaction score
Hello everybody....CJL from the NJBass website recommended this website to me. I am looking for information on fishing Lake Anna. I am planning my bass clubs 2007 top 6 tournament for next summer (usually July, early August) and I am considering Lake Anna. I was wondering how Lake Anna was during the summer months and if it would be a good choice for a week of fishing and having our clubs top 6 tourney at the end of the week. Thanks for any help you can pass on....Mark :cool:

Mark - Give me a call on my cell phone as I sent you an email. I would also think that Toxic (hammertime guide services) will also pipe up since he guides on Lake Anna.

Whatever you do, don't let CJL come down here and fish Anna 'cause he will never go back to Jersey and we sure don't need another !@#$ Yankee moving to the Lake. LOL

Boy, I'll second what Bill in VA said....:lol: Besides Chris was supposed to take me to Ghost Lake and he never did. Now he's going to pipe in and say he wanted to but that I never got together with him. And you know not to listen to Chris..:rolleyes:

Hey Mark!

Bill lives on Lake Anna and really knows the area! Toxic is also a great source for info. My own read from my amateurish attempts to spend time on the water there is that the time frame you're talking is pretty rough given boat traffic. Summer time rec boaters and jet skiers (aka water fleas) are all over the lake by mid-morning. Heck, I've tried to fish with the family and literally seen a dozen jet skiers coming down the lake straight across the width. So while the fishing will probably be pretty decent early morning and late evenings, you'll have a bit of time with the boat traffic.

Keep it up and I'll be sending half of Jerzey to you, LOL BWAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

Anyways, yeah I sent Mark to this site, he was looking for good lakes in VA to possibly have a Tourney on for his club and thought you all would have the "know"

I will say ANNA is the chit sir! I love it down there, and do very well, including my Bro's 6.5lber he caught this spring, check my folder:D

When I was coming back from NC this summer, about halfway into VA on rt81 or 84 I forget :huh:, I stopped for IceCream and at the bottom of the off ramp was sings for a lake, everywhere I looked on the road was bassboats, anybody have an idea what lake that is?

Claytor Lake!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the one, thanks for telling me, I knew I would know as soon as I was told!!! HUH :huh:.

It seemed like a polular place becuase there were many bass boats around.

Thanks for the info

Anna is in the throws of a major re-bound from it's heyday back in the early 80's. So good in fact, they dropped the slot limit alltogether. So good in fact they scheduled the Regional Tournament for the NBC there this year (wish me luck) and the Championship at Lake Norman. I will be guiding at Woo Daves annual Super Kids tournament for one of the last 2 of our qualifying T's (we are 17th out of 80) and the last T is double points so I won't miss that one. Our T's are in the spring and late October (none over the hot mid-summer months), you might want to re-think the dates since everybody is right, the summer is a bad time to be on the lake. I personally like it tough and for the most part the pleasure crowd is pretty accomodating but boats are boats and there are a lot out in the summer. Feel free to email me and I can put you in touch with a tournament director that can fill you in.

TOXIC

Hi again everybody....thanks for the responses. I actually saw some rentals available on the other lake you mentioned...Claytor Lake. How is that for bass fishing? Thanks for all the help so far....Mark :D

Back