Fishing in the Rain

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Okay, this might seem to be a really silly question, but I need to ask others who have Trackers, how much plywood is actually on a newer Pro Team 185, is it okay for the boat to be in the rain for a day out fishing? I have a tournament this weekend and the forecast is calling for rain. Would it be ok for the boat deck or other parts?

It's a boat...you are supposed to get them wet!!!LOL.....it will be just fine..just dont cover it up when your done and store it wet, or some really ugly mildew will be your new fishing partner.

I have both fished and driven home in pouring rain. In additon to on a couple of occasions finding the boat with a couple of inches of water in the storage bins caused by several days of rain and a cheap POC cover. Just empty everything out and leave the lids open on a sunny day. All will dry out and be okay.

Harpo

It's supposed to be marine-grade wood...

Like everyone says, it will be OK...just be sure to let it dry throroughly before you tuck it away or cover it...

az

There no such thing as a silly question when your talking about a multi thousand dollar piece of equipment. I always take the shop vac and suck out as much water in the carpet as I can.

fatrap

CJ - I've had mine 4 years, fished for a day in pouring rain, no issues!

Just empty all your gear, tilt trailer all the up, let it drain, remember to leave open up all the lids. There are also some disks they sell at the supermarket for mildew, they work great for about 2 bucks a piece.

During the summer inbetween trips we put Damp-Rid in our boat compartments to keep mildew out of them. You can find them at any local Super Market. It also eliminates the nasty smell. We use it when the cover is on the boat while in our barn too.

T.S.

Back