Fishing Demos.......

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Well tomorrow...(saturday) I get to give my first ever seminar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its really not a seminar its a more of a "fishign demo"....

I get to get up on the Fish tank at BPS and talk about a few of my favorite lures.

although I need a little help...

I'll be throwing a few different lures.

Heres a list

Jig

Zoom brush hog/Super Hog

Fluke

Plastic Frogs

The jig i'm comfortable talking about, I fish those a lot. I also fish flukes enough I feel ok about those.

Its the brush hogs/super hog and plastic frogs that i need some help on.

PLEASE HELP!!!! Tell me what to talk about with those two baits. I've just started throwing brush hogs.

Thanks!!!!

BJ

Frogs are great baits in warmer water and on top of "slop".

brush hogs belong to the critter bait family rig them Carolina or Texas style and fish them like you would a worm they are avery productive bait Ive won a lot of tournments with them

JD

"ImImIm Ima a Carpman" For carp you need a Lucky Craft crankbait.:lol:

BJ, I fish Brush Hogs up on Bell Cow a lot. Really you fish them just like a T-Rigged Salt Craw or Tube. Not a lot of differance just more arms hanging off to attract. The work a little better in muddy water. I seldom fish the hollow frogs but I have caught some nice fish with the Zoom Horny Toads. Just rig those weightless, toss 'em out there and reel 'em back like a buzzbait or you can also let them sink a foot or so then pump and reel to make it look more like a swimming frog.

When are you doing your demo? Andy and I might come and ask questions.;)

Harpo

I'm not sure when it is. When I asked about it yesterday I told the manager I was interested in doing a few demos (just to help get some expierence in doing short semniars...that will help in the future). He thought it was great. I said I'd probably give it a shot in a couple of weeks. He told me to talk to another guy in the fising department (Shawn, red headed guy, you may have met him before). WHen I talked to him about it, he said he would show me what to do and that we would both do a couple today. I think on Saturday's they try to do a fishing demo once every hour. It doesnt always get done, but I know they try.

I'm not sure on the exact time I'll be up there.

BJ

Well, I was real impressed when the local one made a big to-do over the new fishing technique, never seen before.... blah, blah, blah... it was the drop-shot. Um, that ain't exactly a secret.

Too late to help you, but since you aren't sponsored by any company (that I know of anyway), go find a few different examples. The brush hog, Lake Fork Creature, Hoo Daddy, maybe even a beaver if y'all sell them. Have examples lying on the table nearby and let everyone know you've got some examples (don't say "sample" or they'll end up going home with someone) lying on the table of different types of the "creature bait".

Perhaps I'm must a moron, but for the most part, one plastic can be fished the same as any other. The only two exceptions are the trick worm and a wacky rigged Senko. Otherwise, they're all either tx-rig, c-rig, or weightless. They may behave a little different in the water (a fluke vs a grub), but the general method to fishing seems about the same.

If you want to get really brazen, try a "spotsticker" type 1/8 ounce ballhead jig with a worm behind it. It's all the rage over at that other site (has nothing to do with at least three sponsors pimping them, I'm sure).

Back