Fisherwives

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Who feels as lucky as me to have a wife that can't wait til' you say "are you ready to go fishin"?:D

I will be married 40 yrs. this June.

She can't wait to get me out of her

hair.:D

I'll have a better idea later this summer,......this will be the FIRST YEAR in the last 22 that I don't have a boat!! :wacko::blink::eek:

Hey Mac,

This is my second year without a boat in the last 47 years(and I'm 47 years old)!

I was too sick to go fishing so I sold my boat 1.5 years ago, but my kidney transplant that I received last August is doing great, so I want to buy a new boat now!:wub:

My grandfather was an Evinrude dealer, so we always had a bassboat since I was born.

Boy, I miss him:(.

Soon as I sell my 65 Mustang(completely restored), I'll get a new boat!:p

My wife doesn't care to go, but my daughter (4 1/2) has already been asking me, is it warm enough to go fishing yet?

Tom - next time I'm up that way I'll call you to hit the water again.

Yeah...she's hooked;)

fish-7-8-07.jpg

Tee your wife told me the same thing, can't wait till you're out and fishing! LOL

My wife is great about that too. We are blessed!

Randy!

If i say let go fishing in the morning, my wife is up at 4:30am made lunch packed and hooked up the boat. She gets me up feeds me and off we go for the day. The only problem i have is i can't get her off the water. She will stay till dark if i let her. She has been that way for the 43 years Ive been married to her. :D:

I think I am very,very lucky. My wife went out on my boat once, and said she never wants to go fishing with me again.:):)

Steve

Great picture Tee.. There seems to be pooch who wants to see that fish closer up.:D

Nancy doesn't like to fish and the couple of times she went with me she took a book to read and plenty of food to eat.:) One evening some years ago we had quite a few couples over for a pool party. While a couple of the guys and I were taking fishing a couple of the women asked Nancy why she 'let' me go fishing every weekend. She immediately answered that she didn't know how she could stop me but more than that she said she didn't mind.

She said we've been married 25 years (34 now) while just about every other woman there was on their second or third marriage. She knew I was out in a boat with a friend fishing and didn't have to worry about me being in bars drinking or running around and if there was something she really wanted to do that I would do it with her. Man was I proud of her that night.

Uncle Billy

Billy,

My wife is the same way. But she also adds "Do you think I want him around the house bugging me all weekend?? It gets him out of my hair..".;)

Steve

Beka is fairly close to Nancy on this, she doesn't mind fishing (if the fish are biting quickly!) but isn't all for boat riding. So, like Bill when its fishing time i'm off before she and the kids are up!

Of course i'm the opposite from Mac and Tom this year, i've GOT the boat, its just 1700 miles away on blocks and I can't get to her!!! LOL

Great pic Tee! Can't wait to get back later this year, get my boat out and teach my dachsund-mix how to fish with me!

Trep

i have me one of them fisherwives... she is so badly hooked it was her idea to go fishing for our honeymoon(caught over 250lbs of salmon) and when it is declared fishing day she is up, dressed , coffee on and all geared up befor i even get my butt outa bed on fishing days

My wife can't wait to go- shopping. And I go fishing. Works like a charm. Now if I could get her trained to go shopping at the Bass Pro Shops.........then we'd really have something there.

my wife used to tolerate going fishing with me, as long as she could bring a book to read while the bobber was floating around unattended. Then one day about 3 years ago, she tangled up the spool on her $35 spinnig combo (could never understand why I always had to have 300-400 combinations). While I was taking the knots out of her spool I gave her a quick lesson on how to throw my spinner setup at the piers & laydowns. I never got that rig back!! She was hooked as soon as the 1st smallie inhaled the bait & took off fighting! When we got home, she went straght to the BPS site & ordered up her own soft side tackle bag, about $300 in lures, & 2 of her own St Croix setups! (She now is up to 4 "quality" setups of her own). Since that day I can order whatever "we" need in new lures, as long as whatever I get for myself, she also gets, & she pouts if I'm going fishing with a buddy instead of her! Last spring she got the thrill of her life while fishing for white bass when a musky hit the little 3/8oz spinner she was casting! I think it took about an hour for me to get my hearing back...LOL! No, she didn't land the musky, but did get to fight it for about 10 minutes to within about 6 feet from the boat on a medium action spinning combo rigged with 8lb braid. I'm guessing it was about 35-38", so it was a release anyways. I'm a firm 100% CPR guy, but if she had boated that one, it might have had to been mounted.

Yes, I do believe I'm a lucky man!!!! LOL

Maj

All you have to do is look at my library and see all those pics from years back of her.(with some damnice fish too)

her and I both are chompin' at the bit to get back to Dale and "let the battle begin"!:lol:

I whupped up on her pretty good with the Super Fluke but, turned around and she had that figured out in no time til' I switched up again and started spankin' her with a spinnerbait:lol:

YUP same here tee, my 29 year old wife loves to fish, she gets very jealous when I got to CAnada every year with the boys

Velcro- Anytime you're in Middle TN, let me know!:cool:

Tom W- Sorry to hear about your kidney problems. Sounds like yopu still will have one that works. Good luck with the surgery and Have a great time with that new boat. I'll have to get my Mustang on the market soon.;)

Trep-Bring that boat up here and I'll keep it in running condition for you!!:)

A few years ago, I totalled my 2005 Tracker in a tournament in Texas. I drove home to New Mexico, wondering how my wife was going to take it. When she saw the boat, her response was "well you needed a new boat anyway"! I love my wife!!!! I got a new 2007 a few weeks later.

Ron - email the pic!

Tom - You could have driven down 3 weeks ago when Dan and I fished in the snow on Jan 19th!!! BRRRRR!

Tom W - sorry about the Kidney cancer, let us know how you are doing throughout. We gotcherback!

Trep

with a face like mine even the wife can only take so much of it. The wife loves to see me pulling out of the driveway.

fatrap

My girlfriend likes to pilot the boat more than she does fishing but she caught some decent bass this past year. This one was a little over 4lbs.

Nelly%20with%204lb%206oz%20Largemouth%20Bow%20Lake%20July%2021%202007.jpg

Here she is piloting the boat.

Nelly%20piloting%20boat%20Sept%2023%202007%20Barehill%20Reservoir.jpg

She is going to get her coast guard certification so she can continue piloting the boat this year.

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Latest posts

Back