Fish Finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie Keefe

Reaction score
I have the tracker version of the Hummingbird 200DX. It's been in the garage since September, and when I hooked it up this past weekend it worked fine, but the glass has a lot of moisture on the inside of it. Is there a safe way to remove this? I don't know if I'd feel comfortable taking it apart, but I could if I had to. I was hoping there would be an easier way. Any help would be appreciated.

My H-bird has a cracked glass so mositure build up is never a problem. However, my Garmin 160 is fogged up nearly everytime I use it. I usually clears itself up within an hour or so of fishing.

Harpo

If you take it apart, it will only happen again. Your seal is shot, and the nitrogen gas they seal them with has escaped. They seal them like rifle scopes with nitrogen to keep fogging from occuring. Call humminbird, they may go good for it. Also, NEVER clean your units with glass cleaner (ie windex). There is a chemical agent in it that will hairline crack the screen, and thus cause it to fog up eventually. FYI

That's interesting, the Garmin has done that since it was new. I just figured that just the way it worked.

Harpo

Back