Fish finder/GPS question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I have a Lowrance X47 TX mounted on the dash of my Nitro. I went to Bass Pro today and the gentleman told me the only units compatible with my transducer and set up is the Eagle 382 (not color) and the Eagle 502C. There was one Lowrance GPS unit but it was $650. Too much for me. Are the Eagle units any good? Don't understand why they don't make any Lowrance units that are compatible. I guess noncompatible means I would have to install another transducer and wiring. Should I get one that is compatible or pay someone to install a different unit? I already have Garmin maps but of course most of them don't work with Garmin.

Teri the Eagle is made by Lowrance & is like a ford is to a lincoln :p It is as good but does not have all the bells & whistles that the Lowrance has :wacko: Hope this helped :blink:

figure out what you want for a fishfinder, buy it and have it and the transducer installed. Don't simply buy a unit, because you have a certain transducer installed.

Tex

Yep, i agree with Tex 100% its pretty wasy to knock off a transducer and install a new one.

btw the Lowrance 520c is a heck of a unit. i have the 332c( its pre 2007 twin) and its awesome. Worth every penny in my book.

Teri,

Just spend the cash......you know you have it!!! :p

The 520C is the one I want.

Bob G.

I have an older Eagle III and it's a good unit...even plays tunes:p

Just sell the boat and buy a new one. You've owned it long enough anyhow...:D:D:D

Steve
4631.gif

:lol: @ Steve R! Go Steelers!

Teri: Some times I think we're getting all the anguish of your boat ownership but none of the bennies-:lol:! This is a job that you could easily do yourself. Mounting a thru hull transducer and running the necessary cable for a 750 is moo-ee ee-zee. I think the toughest part is the epoxy/resin part and even that is simple. Buy the finder you want ... this week.

"we're getting all the anguish of your boat ownership...."

Let me be clear that I am not complaining about my new Nitro. I am very happy with it. I post here for advice. I never had anyone show me anything about cars, boats, electronics growing up. I know very little but if someone is nice enough to tell me how to do something, I can usually do it myself. I appreciate all the advice I get here but I didnt realize it was perceived as complaining.

Teri,

I never perceive your posts as complaining........I'll gladly give you advice if I actually know something!! ;)

Bob G.

No one else perceive your posts that way Teri. Since i am mechanically challenged, I would be towing my boat down to the boat shop for the install. I applaud you for trying to do this yourself. Keep your questions coming, all us other inadequate knowledged boat owners learn from posts such as yours. By the way, I have a Triton 19FS just like yours, same colors, different motor. Any bites on the sale of yours yet?

Okay Teri; that was not meant to imply you were complaining. I was merely referring to us sharing your angst, anguish, etc re: tow vehicles, boat changes, TM, and now the finder. These are all issues we angst over, but in the end we get to launch our boat and enjoy it.

I apologize and in the future will not speak unless spoken to.

Marty, no need to apologize and speak whenever you want. I felt like my posts were annoying or something. Really I am just trying to learn. I've quit posting about cars awhile back. No need to share my obession. But the site is for boats, so that's what I come here for. I love my Triton and never had any complaints other than it didnt fit in the garage which lead me to the Nitro I have now. I don't feel stupid asking questions here but maybe I am excessive about it. I am guessing there are guys out there with similar questions but don't want to look stupid by asking. I get away with it cuz I'm a girl and we aren't suppose to know this stuff right?!:)

Aaron, I've had alot of calls on my Triton. Had it sold to someone in GA but they backed out at the last minute. Still don't know why. Many out of state calls but no takers yet. Hoping it goes soon but using it over the 4th weekend because it seats more people so still having it aint all bad.

Teri - ask away! As someone only a couple of years into boats, I'm learning lots from all the posts. I never view your questions as complaints at all. Heck, you save me from asking a bunch! And, if I can add anything constructive, I will try. Like you, I didn't have anyone showing me stuff growing up, but I figure its never to late to learn something new.

Hey keep those pictures of you and your friends driving across rivers coming. It reminds me it's ok to try crazy things.:D:D Kiddin ok.

Ed, that was so much fun. I miss it alot!!!! I so wish my Land Rover wouldn't have had so many problems. Sometimes I get tempted to get another one because I had so much fun off roading. You can only go with the group if you own a Land Rover.

Marty, you have mail!

Interesting discussion. I have a lms 320 with a display problem and nobody on this planet will touch it. My pockets aren't deep enough to splurge on that 520c yet but it is a nice looking unit. I'm just disappointed that Lowrance just totally stops all repairs on older units.

My experience with Lowrance has been that for the nominal preset repair price, they send you a new unit. I've returned two units for repair and gotten new units as replacements.

RoyC

Latest posts

Back