First time in Big Water PT 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
Yesterday my buddy and I headed up to Lake Wallenpaupack in the Pocono Mountains with the 05 175. The "Pack" is a 5700 acre lake about 2 1/2 hours north of Philly. It was the first time that I was going to be able to open her up to see what she could do. I was able to put about 4 hours on her up until now but that was on small, flat water.

I was extremely impressed with how she handled the 1-2 foot swells and wakes. Felt stable while running - Was a dry ride for the most part (actually it was so darn hot I could have used more spray) - And the 50hp jumps on plane and sips gas. The guy with me owns a tr-186 and he was surprised by how well my tin can did. :D

If I fished this lake every other day I would probably go glass but the 175 handled everything it dished out. As for the fishing, it was kinda slow. 4 LM's. Too many pleasure boats on the weekend. :wacko: Next trip up will be during the week.

Back