First ride in my new boat. (Long)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
Short version, I love it. 2004 Champion 187CX DC, 150 XR6, 10" Jackplate, Tempest 23 prop. Since the engine is not broken in yet I can not give you top mph, I ran it with a full load today with the exception of the livewells. It jumps up on plane nice dry and smooth ride even as rough as the Chesapeke bay was today. Small thing I noticed today, Got to lover power steering, the seats are more comfortable than the ones in my truck. 74lbs MK Maximum is awsome and on top of that I caught 1 fish today. We did not fish much because of the wind and the fact that it was my first day on the water with this boat. My buddy Randy K went with me to show me around. I never new the bay was so shallow. The LMS480 was great, the LF1440 on the dash is a real nice tool. The Eagle Fish finder on the bow was just what I wanted. Some fine tuneing and lots of seat time and I will be ready for the first B.A.S.S open in July. Did I tell you all I was trying to make the tour next year and looking for sponsors......

BF

Congrats Bruce... A new boat is always a thrill... And, good luck on your try for the tour... Just remember, no matter what, be sure and enjoy the ride...

Maaaan that sounds like a nice rig. I love those Champs. How about some pictures??

Harpo

The pics are in the camera, I ran out of time last night. I am up and leaving for my first TX of the year today.

Thanks

BF

Back