First ride in a Triton

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
Well, got my first ride on a Triton yesterday. A friend of mine was headed to Paris Landing yesterday and asked me if I wanted to follow him down and fish for few hours off his boat. The water turned-out to be pretty choppy with the wind blowing steady. He has a 2001 21' boat with a 225 EFI Merc, and that thing runs great. Hit about 65mph before the water got real choppy. Headed back to the marina we were running with the swells (3-4 foot at times) and what a ride. His timing was great until he speared one real good. Nice wave came over the bow and soaked us, I'm glad I had my prescription glasses in a pocket or I would've lost them. What I should've done was take an extra pair of clothes with me, cause I had a 2 hr ride home soaking wet, lol. I didn't catch a thing, but he did catch a 15" bass, a couple of smaller ones, and about a 6-7# channel cat on a Rattl-Trap!

They sure are nice. If I didn't live near so many electric only lakes and.............

........Oh yeah. If I had an extra $15,000, I would have got me one.

:wub: I do love my Tracker though :wub:

Back