Finished the garage loft today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Well, after much work drawn out over a long period of time, I've finally got my garage loft finished. I waited forever to lay down carpet and trim pieces, but after a bit of proding by my wife (the in-laws are coming for Christmas), and after some talk with Greg about reloading benches, I decided to get the carpet laid, trim done, and benches built.

I bought a metal bench with wood inserts from Sams club. That is the bench on the left. That is where I will do all my rod building, detail work on lures, arrow cresting and fletching, string building for my longbow and recurve, etc... The machines on top of the bench are for those purposes - the top one is a string stretcher, and the bottom is my rod building jig. The blue machine in the back is my bow press for changing strings on my compound.

To the right is my new handmade bench. 8' long x 2' deep x 36" high. Two cheap bar stools were the perfect height. This is where I plan to do all my reloading. I moved the two rod racks out of the house and into the loft. This will work a lot better, as my boat is in the garage right below the loft area. So the rods don't have to go nearly as far when I take them out of the boat. I don't like storing rods in my rod locker. I like to store them upright, after wiping them down after every trip. Yeah, yeah, I know... My wife laughs about that too. But my stuff lasts!

Wish I could get a wider angle shot. The room is 10' wide x 16' long. Nothing but fishing and hunting stuff goes in here!

DSCF1278.jpg

DSCF1274.jpg

DSCF1275.jpg

All the best,

Glenn

needs radio, tv, fridge

looks good man, a good place to hang out

Radio is already in there. It's on the left wall as you are walking in, so you can't see it in these pics. TV is going to be a small flat screen, mounted on the wall right above the reloading workbench. Note the TV/phone plug under that workbench on the right hand side, to the right of the bench grinder. The guy who helped me build this loft recommended that before we started. Great idea. Also, due to yet another suggestion from Greg, I have my laptop to put in on the left side of the bench so I can access reloading data, etc... online. Ammoguide has become a really wonderful site to have readily available. That will be my homepage for my workshop computer. Due to limited receptacles, the mini-fridge will not be in there. I've got plenty of IBC rootbeer a short distance away though.

All the best,

Glenn

IBC SOUNDS GOOD, NO PHONE WILL BE NEEDED , YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISTURBED IN THERE

Looks very cool... But, you need more rod storage... cuz you need more rods... :rolleyes: (you may now tell your wife that you have to have more rods... no need for thanks)

Very nice! I have a nice area in my 30' x 50' garage, but everytime something gets carried in it gets thrown on my workbench. Doesn't enhance the organization or workability!

Back