Finally took her out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieth Fedo

Reaction score
Hello all, sorry I haven't been on much since I first signed up. Been busy at work. Long story short, picked up the new 911 last weekend, and finally took her out on her inaugeral run on Friday. Caught two small bass (about 12"), and lost about a 4 lb one at the boat. All caught on Superflukes.

Took my boys out on Saturday. We each caught two apiece. My youngest caught his first largemouth (quite a moment in the new boat!).

Hardest part was keeping it under 4500 RPMs for it's first hour of run time. I hate the break in period...I wanna go fast!

The manual says 1 hour, but you will get a LOT of people (dealers) that will recommend that you to break it in for 10 hours. It is painful, but it too will pass. I'm still in that process too. If you fish and not run it will take a while. Been 2 months for me and I'm getting close now. I admit to peeking just a little.

I was told to not exceed 3500 for the first hour and 4500 for the second hour and then not run at the same rpm for more than 10 minutes for the next 10 hours. I didn't even try to fish those first two hours....just rode around with a big grin and bugs in my teeth. :D

Congrats on the new 911.

Harpo

hmmmm....I was told not to exceed 4500 for the first hour, and then keep changing the RPMs for the next 4. Trying not to stay at the same speed for more than a couple of minutes. I've got the Optimax 225, what are ya'll driving SoonerFan and Berry?

I've got a carbed 90 with about 8 hours on it. It runs pretty good for a 90. It had 5 hrs on it when I got it 1.5 months ago, and I'm getting close to being able to forget about it. I just vary the speed as Harpo said and am not runninbg WOT except for short bursts. When you fish and don't ride around, 3 hours takes a while! Don't forget to check the oil and make sure it is using some. That is a good thing.

Back