Finally legal....now all I need is TIME!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
After MANY trips to the NC Department of Motor Vehicles, my trailer is FINALLY licensed in NC. The boat is registered in NC as well. Now the daunting task of peeling off the old TN registration stickers and applying the NC ones. Shouldn't be too bad with a hair dryer and some patience. Now all I need is some warmer weather and TIME to put it in the water. Nobody else has that problem I don't guess. Kid's volleyball....basketball...etc....etc....etc...etc....

Bryan

Plan B is to leave the TN number on the trailer and put the NC number right over them. Even with a hair dryer heating them up so hot that it was hot to touch, they wouldn't budge! Opting for the same style number that is on there now so they will apply right over the old ones!

Bryan

B.B. Since the boat was from TN, I have to take those number off and put the NC numbers on it. Only way it is possible to keep the same numbers is if the boat remains in the same state. It would be nice if I only had to change the TN to NC and leave the remainder of the numbers the same. Oh well. No to find the matching numbers....

Bryan, I purchased the numbers at Wally World. I figured that you might want to know so you can buy the same size numbers. Have you tried slipping a razor blade knife under the edge of each number to pull up the edge. From there you can usually just gently pull the number off.

Steve

Back