Final Decisions Made on PT 175 (I Hope)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
After talking to Doug (really nice guy) from Bower's Marine I have a final list. I have to wait another week or two before odering.

'05 PT 175 in Red

50 horse OB

54 TM with gator mount upgrade

Installing a receptacle in panel near transom for a 2nd TM

Installing 2nd deep cycle in compartment

Boat cover

Hydraulic pro seat

I have an old MK that I use on the transom of my skiff but it's on its last legs.

What transom mount would you suggest for around $200-$250 for the new rig? There is one electric only lake I fish a lot.

P.S. Thanks to all that contributed points and experiences during the last few weeks. You really helped me in my decision making.

In my opinion, I don't think you could go wrong with a Minn Kota. I personally have a 55lb Maxxum on the back of my Guide v-16. It pushes the boat around very well. It is about $80 out of your price range, but I pesonally like the maximizer technology. Just my opinion.

Otherwise, just get the one with the most pounds of thrust.

Adam

Sounds like you've got a plan Sully!! Great stuff. Can't wait to see the pictures of your new ride!!

I have a Minn Kota Endure 55 on my Targa 17 and it works great. The telescoping handle makes steering easy. Also, make sure you get a long enough shaft to make it easy to steer while your fishing. I had two batteries wired in parallel but they seemed to cause problems for my onboard battery charger (battery cooking) so I'm going to hook each TM to it's own battery this year and see how that works.

Enjoy the new boat!

Glenn

Congrats on the new PT175! We sure like ours :)

Congrats on the new boat. Two T/M's hmmmmmm guess I'm getting old 'cause I can only handle one at a time.

Da Bear

The one on the transom would be for running from hole to hole on an electric only. I just run back, throw it on WOT, then run back to the bow and do my steering with the foot control tm.

It's fine unless I forget the back motor is still running as I'm trying to quietly cruise up to a small honey hole. LOL

Back