Feedback on NE Fishing Web Sites

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a good general website in the New England area for guys who are novices or beginners and that focuses on entertainment, content and community all together. The ones that I go to are either for the seasoned angler or very specific to a set community or type of fishing and are not beginner-friendly and don't get alot of interaction among members - many posts for help just sit with no response or the members bicker too much. This site is probably my favorite but I'd like to find one here in New England. Any suggestions? If I can't find one catered toward the beginner or novice, I will build one!!!

Some of the ones I have been to in the past are the New England Sportsmen Network (very good but not catered toward the beginner), Pete's Bait and Tackle, Surfcaster, Charlie Moore and BFHP to name a few.

Are there any that you think are good in New England?

Thanks, Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Thanks Bruce - I forgot about that one. It is geared towards Rhode Island and that area but seems nice. I also forgot about NYBass which is around the NY area and SK which is not regional.

Are there any others specifically in New England for beginners and novices?

Bill its funy you mention this. I actually have thought about starting a site geared to just New england fishing of all types. Ne sportsman is ok but it seems mass bass dominated and i hardly ever go there anymore. I actually registered a domain name and have the space. I just need some ideas on what type of content i need to make it usefull.

Wow Jim - great minds think alike - now if only I knew how to fish like you!

From a personal point-of-view I'd like to see more content on local lakes, rivers and ponds - not just forum reports. I'd also like to see equipment reviews and insight from people connected with fishing.

Areas that would be of interest are kayak and canoe fishing, fly fishing and general freshwater fishing.

In summary, some place that is more than forums and targeted to NE and all types of fishing. Add in a community like this one ... Too picky? Maybe that's why I can't seem to find one on the net today.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Bill / Jim,

I know you guys are looking for a friendly NE based website, but take a look at the below link. CTFISHERMAN.COM is a great site & even though it is based mostly on the CT fishing seen, the people there are great, reports are from everywhere, & people seem to share their knowledge pretty freely. They are always getting together to go fishing or for some outing.

It really is a great site!! Check it out, join it, & look around. I know it may not completely fit what you guys are looking for because it is just CT based (even though these guys / gals fish everywhere). I'm sure you will enjoy the site & you will get some great ideas if you decided to move ahead with your own. (if you let me know)

Dennis

http://www.ctfisherman.com/