falling apart

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Thurm

Reaction score
I bought a new tracker pt165 last april and so far have had to repair/replace the following items:license plate bracket,lasted one outing,trailer tire-pourous full of tiny pinholes,aerator pump-cracked housing at hose fitting and trolling motor cable.This boat is well maintained and kept in heated storage.Anybody else with simular problems?Seems most of my woes are with supplier added products.

Welcome to boat ownership. How it is stored is no indication of how it is run and how much it is run. Get used to repairing things everybody does it. Some more than others. You will see that it goes in spurts. After this you may not have another repair for years. That being said, manufacturer defects should be fixed by them. Are you still under warranty?

TOXIC

The aerator pump is probably due to over-tightening of the clamp on it.

I had a PT 165 as my first Tracker and it was a fantastic boat. I never had a single problem with it or any of the components except for the old "Replace the ball in the fuel line" problem.

Like Tox said, part of boat ownership. I had to replace my battery trays this year, the brackets must have cracked in some rough water last year. The key, when repairing, is upgrading so you don't have similar problems again. I am going up to powder coated aluminum battery trays. 5 times as expensive, but I'll NEVER have to repair or replace them again. Same thing with bilge/aerator pumps. Replace them with Mayfairs, they're the best on the market. Also a good idea to keep a spare one in the boat....just in case.