Fall fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Finally have some time this weekend to do some fishing in Indiana. The temps should be about 65 degrees all weekend. What should I be fishing with at this point? Most of the summer I've had luck fishing deeper with a warm. Should I be moving into shallow water at this point? Lures of choice?

Um....never mind.....I just did a search and found a post from a few days ago.. Sorry, haven't had time to check in much.

I was gonna say to your question "What should I be fishing with at this point? " ... Try LURES on a LINE with a Rod and Reel!!! LOL

Doughhead:lol::lol::lol: now that's funny.

Must be from all the Yeast and Hops.

MMMMMm He said Hops!!!!

Steve you off work already? Or you get a laptop and a Verizon Wireless internet card so you can surf while you drive the truck??? LOL!!

Someday, SOMEDAY, i'm gonna blow the cash for one of those cards and an extra deep cycle battery and spend my working days on the phone/PC out of the nitro!!!

Teri - If the cooler Fall weather hasn't pushed them up on the banks yet, and you have at least 3' or better water clarity, now is an excellent time for "jigging the blob". (Tight balls of bait from the size of a trash can to the size of a building.) For the past 4-6 weeks we've been isolating tight balls of small threadfin (1.5"-2.5" last hatch) on the graph and dropping a 1/2 oz. silver spoon into them. (Match your jigging spoon to the bait size.) It's a mixed bag catch, (everything swimming eats a small TF) but the numbers are fantastic with these fish suspended in the bait clouds. The bank beaters during this warm water time are struggling to get 4 or 5 bites a day while an average day "jigging the blob" is a couple dozen or more. Sunny days are better, but it's still productive on overcast days at these fairly shallow depths. Yesterday included a head over five. (Before the rain came we were catching 30-50 fish a day!) Look for the first drop out from the creek backs. (20'-30') That's where the bait is congregating before flooding the banks. (Sand flats with isolated wood are primo!) The pics I posted on the other Fall Fishing post were all spoon fish. It's a great tactic for late Summer/early Fall as well as late Winter/ early Spring. If the water clarity is poor, forget I mentioned a thing! LOL!! Good luck!

I have been doing real well on top water and shallow cranks at West Boggs Reservoir in Loogootee, Indiana. I will be there tomorrow and Saturday morning trying it again. Might even go Sunday if previous days are solid.

Minners and Green worms....Bobber..you got It made Lady:D

Back