Falcon

• Thread starter Aroldo Hernandez
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was windy!! We launched in Tigers and some of the guys got on some fish way back in the brush and others like myself had a tougher bite. I caught 17lbs Sunday morning C Rigging on the outside edge of the brush but Saturday had already doomed me in the tournament. That is one mean lake when you have a 30 mph wind!! Had a great time as usual though and look forward to the next trip.

We went to the state park then to the mexican side to register before 7 a.m. Then we drove too the Tiger's on water and about 11:30 we croosed to the Mexican side. The badest part was driving from the camp side too the outer parts of the Tiger's. Then we drove across the river too the Mexican side.It wasn't too bad. Cause we were riding the wave's side way's. It was like surfing the waves but on a boat. It felt weird but we manged to get across the main river. Don't get me wrong the wind was bad. We didn't find any good fish at the tiger's. But we managed to get better bites on the Mexican side. Sunday was better as far as the wind went. But the fishing wasn't good on Sunday for us. So we didn't make it on the money. We were catching all small fish in the range of 2-3 pounder's . We never got a kicker bass. Oh well maybe next weekend it will happen.

I've never fished the Mexican side and those waves were too intimidating to me!! We weigh in a 5.5 on Saturday and 3 other teams had some over 6 and then on Sunday the weight dropped off. One was weighed over 5 and we had multiple in the 4.5 range. Those fish really fight hard down there. At weigh in on of the guys opened his well and one of the 4 pounders immediately jumped out on the deck. Damn near hit him in the face.

That's right Woody the fight is some thing else down here. And I have gotten stung by many fish trying to catch them when they jump out of the live wells. You have to be quick with the leads of the live wells. It's no problem fishing the Mex-side just have your mexican fishing license with you and everyone else on the boat. Regardles if your fishing or not you are suppose to have a fishing license from Mexican. Which you can buy at any Zapata tackle shop.

your right, the fish do fight harder at Falcon. I had to miss our last tournament down there because of a small stroke, but will be back fishing again in April. There was someone last week that weighed in over 50lbs on a two day tournament. Sounded like fun to me.

Latest posts

Back