Extended Warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Riley

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on Trackers Extended Warranty Program. Is it worth it, how much is it "approx" to purchase, and has anyone had to use it and what was your experience. I have a 2006 Avalanche. I was able to get a 5 year warranty on the Optimax through a promo Merc was having.

Danny

Dan - I had one on my 2000 Tracker PC 175.

First - Price is NEGOTIABLE, just like the ones from a Car Manufacturer, do not take the first offer they give you.

Second - I never needed to use the warranty as nothing broke!!

Third - I bought it since it was my first "real boat" with a steering wheel and power T/T motor.

Forth - In my opinion I didn't need to spend the $$, I had a quality product with a great dealership. My '99 Nitro (bought used from the owner of this site, I'm the 3rd owner) is 7 years old and not a bit of warranty work has been needed in my 1 year owning it.

Trep

I had it on my 882. Its worth the money. I only used it once when my steering got real stiff and the cables had to be replaced. Its worth the money in my opinion.

It's one of those things that is overpriced if you end up not using it and well worth it if you have a catastrophic breakdown.

I like the way you put that Marty, well said!!

If the Opti has the 5 year warranty, then what you are covering is the trailer, boat, electronics and so on... I think its a waste but i'm not dropping $25k+ boat!!

Back