Engine No Longer Bogging Down

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Just thought I would let everyone know that my engine is no longer "bogging" down. I do appreciate all the information everyone provided and I attempted almost every suggestion but to no avail. Most of them didn't hurt anyway since it was general / routine maintenance. After all my attempts it turned out to be two things. First, there was a small pin head hole in the fuel pump diaphragm, but the main reason was that three of the six cylinders were NOT getting any fuel. Carbs were a mess (200HP XR6). After a good soaking and cleaning of the carb bodies and related parts and then rebuilding with new needles, seats and gasket kits it is running like a champ. Compression on ALL cylinders are at 120psi, so I caught it before I burned the cylinders up with a lack of fuel. It was stated that with the ethanol mix that within two weeks of sitting the fuel will begin to go bad. Need to make sure that I use lots of Stabil and Quickleen with every fueling. I generally fill with 5 gallon cans of fuel instead of taking it to the pump so I don't have 50 gallons sitting in the tank at a time.

I appreciate all the responses to my inquiries a while back and things to look for (which I did do). Looking forward the the Fall and Winter schedule on the hot side and now maybe I can keep up with some of the big boys.

Thanks to all!

Bill (Uncle Billy's older good looking brother - LOL)

Good news Bill.

I think my powerhead is getting loose now. I have been seeing some speeds I havent seen yet with the new powerhead. Hit 66.7 last night with a full tournament load.

Mini, if I was in your tournament, I don't think it could handle the load!!:lol::lol:

Bill, glad to see you are back up and running. How's the recovery from the ER visit coming along?

TOXIC

Good to hear Bill (on both the boat AND health fronts!). Looking forward to some fall/winter fishing with you.

Jim

Bubby - Unfortunately, I am just a tad older than my namesake. But I still treat him with respect as MY elder! By the way, how old IS dirt?????:rolleyes:

I don't know how old all of you are but they call me dirt in my bass club. Let's just say I'm a little over 70.

Bill (Uncle Billy's older good looking brother - LOL)

Mom always did like you best!:( I'm happy to see your back to 'as normal' as you can get Bill..

Uncle Billy

PS.. Yes they are Bubby.....Greg Meyer is a LOT older than I am.:lol::p

Latest posts

Back