Easy View Tackle System

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Here's what I did this weekend. Would you believe I still have several Ziploc bags of plastic that I didn't have room to hang?

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

great set up. i have ben trying to come up with some way that when i use up all of that "color of the day" to remember what it was to order more. this will work...empty bag

Hey Sooner, give us an update after using this system a time or two. I plan in installing one in my boat in Dec, but would be nice to have a review from someone that has actually put it to the test. Looks like a great system. Was thinking of mounting one strip to the seat post for easy/quick access. Would probably work for me since I only run about 43mph, probably not a good idea for the faster fellas though. Lemme know, thanks. Plus, did you get all those strips in one kit, or did you order two?

JP

Ok, just where is this soft bait tackle store???:huh: Looks great Harpo and good job putting it in.;) BUT, just what do you screw the clips in to?

Uncle Billy

give us an update for sure. I have been thinking about one of those for a while. The only thing i question is how well the clips hold in rough water. If i was to buy one i wouldnt want to end up with everything falling off after a rough run.

Harpo, that will really help keep your plastics organized. Unfortunatly, I could fill up 3 boats like that with my plastics. I need to get to work in my man cave storage room, it is directly under my 2 1/2 car garage and is all concrete, and get a shelving system for my plastics. My fishing gear is taking over our whole lower level!!:lol:

TOXIC

Does the campany that sells this have a web site? I would like to look into getting one myself. Thanks!

Im with you Tox on the plastics. I honestly carry at least 100# of them at any given time in my boat. Ive peared it down countless times and yet i still find stuff to buy. Its bordering on comical now the amount of "stuff" i have in the boat.

I think i want one of these for sure. I had been thinking about buying one for a while like i mentioned before tho i want to see how the clips hold in rough water. The last thing i need it a bunch of plastics all overthe place in even more of a mess then they are now :)

Mike here is a link to thier site.
http://www.easyviewtackle.com/

The kit comes with some peel and stick "pads" that then hold the clip strips on with small zip ties. I didn't use them. Instead I screwed the clip strips directly to the aluminum braces on the underside of the lids. The screws are only 5/8" so they don't come close to going through the top of the lid. On the center lid you can see where there wasn't anything to support the two on the ends so I scrounged around the hardware store and finally came up with some rubber stoppers that worked out real good. I bought a wooden dowel to use on the ends of the strips on the big locker but ended up not needing them. By using two screws on each strip they are plenty rigid and don't need the extra support on the ends.

I bought this at the OKC Tackle Show a couple of years ago, right after I bought my 591, but just got around to installing it. The kit came with six strips (24") that hold 12 clips each. I cut the ones on the center lid down to 12" (6 clips). The two strips on the right end of the big locker are 7 clips long with the three in the middle being 6 clips long and the ones on the left are the remaining 5 cut from the ones on the right. If I had it to do over I would put longer strips on the middle lid.

Several complications cropped up during the installation. First of all. the steel that the strips are made of dulled my cheap little 1/8" drill bit after only two holes so off to the hardware store for a couple carbide tip drill bits. Another problem with the screws that came with the kit. Seems if I tightened them down too fast the head would twist off. At first I cursed the cheap ass screws they supplied so I picked up some stainless steel screws while I was at the hardware store. I had the same problem with those screws. Seems the problem was the size of the pilot hole. 1/8" was too big and the screw wouldn't tighten down and the next size down (is that 7/64" ?) was too small and the screw head would twist off. I had to make sure to kind of overwork the drill a little so the pilot hole would be juuuuust right and turn the whatcamacallit on the power screwdriver down so it wouldn't over torque the screw and even then I had to drive the screw in real slow. It was a real biaoch to get those screws out without a head. That was probably the most flusterating part of the job.... that and the awkward position I had to work on the underside of the lid in a prone position with my arms out in front. Of course that's just working on a boat. I've never found a comfortable position to do anything on a boat.

I'm not sure how well they will hold in rough water and roads. I've slammed the lids down a couple of times and so far the only bags that fell of were the ones that didn't have a hole and I had clipped three bags on one clip. Several of the clips have three bags clipped on but as long as there is a hole in the bag for it to hang in the store it stays on real good.

The bad news is I only have about half of my plastic hung up. What you see in the picture is only the craws, worms, creature baits like Brush Hogs and Sweet Beavers, only one brand of tubes, Ikas, and Hula Grubs. I still have all the lizards, Flukes, swim baits, Senkos/Sluggos, toads, dropshot and shakey head baits, and the rest of my tubes in ziploc bags. I plan on seeing how I like this system and if I do I'm going to see if the folks at Easy View will sell me just a couple more strips ( I have one leftover) and install them over the rod locker. I would really like to pare down all the crap I carry around but I'm suffering from a severe case of lackofabaitaphobia .

If the underside of the lids are carpeted I would add some velcro strips, maybe elastic with velcro at the ends to hook over the rows while trailering or on the water... Even if they aren't carpeted you could still use strips with velcro "loops" on the underside of the lids.

Gave the holding power of the Easy View a good test this weekend. The drive to the lake, around 90 miles, resulted in none of the bags falling off. Same for running around on the lake in the morning with very light chop. Later in the day after the pleasure boaters and Seadoo fools started their stuff there was a pretty heavy chop on the water and I hit a couple of good size wakes at over 50 mph which resulted in the baits that had three bags clipped on the same clip falling off. None of the bags that were clipped by themselves or even two to a clip fell off.

After using the system for one day I realize I was too optimistic about hanging every single bait I own on it. I found myself not using the baits I had hanging and still going down into the locker for something else. I need to really think it through and decide exactly what I want right in front of me and what to keep in reserve. For example, I have three bags of Zoom Trick Worms hanging on there... I can't remember the last time I fished with a Trick Worm but I'm keeping the Bull Ribbits and Fork Frogs, which I use a lot, down in the locker. I just need to work out some of the kinks in the system.

Latest posts

Back