Eastern Fishing & Outdoor Exposition - Worcester, MA

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
Anyone planning on going to the Eastern Fishing & Outdoor Exposition this weekend in Worceste, MA?

I noticed Charlie Moore is on the agenda again. I haven't seen him there before but may check his sesison out. I am curious to see what Charlie Moore could actually have to say that might be worthwhile other than how to market yourself. From a fishing point of view, I'm not sure anyone can take him seriously. :wacko:

PAul

I'm going Saturday with my partner. Plan on bringing some product home, but may just browse around.

If I see Charlie, it's a bonus. I'd rather watch him on tv than Ike :lol:

I went last night. I was surprised at how dead it was. Normally even on Thursday night its mobbed but last night it seemed like nobody was there.

If you go check out the Bear show if you can. The thing is huge, something like 1500#.

I also checked out the new 591, the front deck on that boat is huge compared to my 882 but the back deck is a little smaller. A real nice boat.

I went today and had a great time. KVD was there. This was the first time I have seen anyone catch a bass out of the tank while giving their talk - everyone was talking about that. He caught three bass although one was foul hooked on a smithwick rogue. He talked to everyone afterwards and was at the Quantum booth later. I brought some boxes of lures of his I won and he told me a friend of his was trying to win them and I swooped in at the last minute and got them. He was really nice to talk to.

The other person who was there that was a complete surprise was Jimmy Houston - he was at the Shimano booth. Aside from the stuff that was brought up in another posting, he was very friendly and really took the time to talk to everyone who stopped by.

I kind of want to go tomorrow but decided today would be less of a zoo. Charlie Moore's sessions that I have seen in the past are not so much educational as they are entertaining and I think that is how you need to approach it. Like him or hate him, he has been instrumental in the New England area in getting people fishing. Hey if you go, tell him the Mad Kayaker said hello and see what he says!

The other guy to see is Ted Ancher who wrote the Bass Bets books.

All-in-all, it was better than the last few years. Check out the new Shimano and Qauntum reels and the new Kistler rods - they are so light!

DCU Fishing Show.jpg

Pictures from the show

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

I went today picked up an Avid good price.. One guy from Shiamno booth was a complete ass I was looking at the stella and while it was in my hands the guy behind the booth took the reel right out of my hands!!!!! his co worker was even as shock as I was I looked at him and said issue? no reponse.. besides that good show did stop by to check out the new trackers I like the 170 but dam no leg room... glad I have my 165.. did try give some guy there advice about 170 with a 25 4 str... note to self stop being friendly there are alot of asses in the world..

X

I went on saturday myself. I got another chance to check out my new 911. The one they have there for show is the exact same color and options as the one I ordered a few weeks back. only difference is the engine (didnt get a verado).. damn i love that boat/color.. too much waiting till april.

Back