Drive on boat dock? Anyone seen one of these in action

• Thread starter John Astrello [URL]http://www.jetdock.com/19in-boa
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tex, I haven't personally had experience with them but a friend of mine has two of them for his SeaDoo's and they work great. Drive it on, tie it up and that's it. A couple of houses down from him a guy has a fairly large Boston Whaler. I can't tell the size from where I can see it. The only problem he had that know of was Hurricane Isabelle which took both of them with her went she went away and we couldn't find either one of them... I would really check to see how they are anchored, not so much on a lake as tidal water, and I would see how they can be locked to prevent theft. I would also look all over at the different ones out there because there are a lot of various models. I just did a search on Drive-on docks and got a bunch of hits.. Good luck!

Uncle Billy

Tex, I have a drive on (EZ Dock) for a jet ski, and it is very handy.

What I don't like about the Jet Dock is the color. Brutally hot in a southern climate. For a fishing rig, probably not a big deal, but for sport boating, where you don't always wear shoes on the boat...painful.

Other than that, it looks like a good product.

I believe EZ-Dock is the one my friend had.. It was a light color and I never heard him yell about how hot it was:rolleyes:.. I'll check with him as soon as I can Tex. He's in Costa Rico right now..

Uncle Billy

Thanks guys. I haven't made a final decision, but I'm pretty close. Looks like I will either buy a standard 'lift kit', or if I can get the lifting platform. The motor, cables and such look to be in decent shape. However, I will have 'some' work to do as the eyebolts and winch points are too narrow.

Regardless, I'll do pictures and such when I tackle the project. Need to go by a local big hardware store that stocks and sells some of this stuff. It's over in Noonday, on the other side of Lake Palestine.

Tex

Back