Dream Machine???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
The post about the $50k Stratos got me to wondering. This post has been done before, but it's always fun. It's Memorial day weekend. Unofficial kick off to summer. If you could run ANY rig, price was not an issue, what would you run? Be specific. Here's mine:

Ranger 521 DVX in performance white with blue stripes and silver highlights.

Yamaha 250 HPDI

Seastar hydraulic steering, hydraulic 10" jack plate w/ gauge

Tandem axle trailer with surge brakes, swing away tongue and dual spare tires, fiberglass fenders, shock-eze transom saver, rachet tie downs. Matchin pro-team trailerable cover.

In the rig

Minn Kota Maxxum, 36 volt, 52" shaft, 101 lb thrust with bounce buster kit. Lowrance X-15 on the Tm/bow, LMS-320 at the console with GPS. All digital dash, the new HEATED Ranger seats! Kenwood Marine CD player with premium marine speakers. Hotfoot, signal light style, lever switches (dual) on the column for trim and jackplate. Telescoping, tilt steering. Rod organizers, Loc-r-bar, Hamby's keelguard, retractable rod straps. Evertroll or trollfury batteries. And of course the custome O2 injection system for the livewells.

That's....that's about it. Yup! LOL

I'll have what Rob's having but I want mine crewed by the Sweedish bikini team.

fatrap

Whatever it would be..it'd be the "Biggest and Baddest" around...tough choice!

TEE

Rob,

I got Mac's 901 I can't seem to dream past that ! I tried, but nothing. Maybe next year. Right now I'm living the dream! shhhhhhhhh.. <<> do not disturb!>>

"the second mouse gets the cheese"

mark

OK I'm assuming it's a fishing boat, limited to what is available on the market or thru a current custom boat dealer. Here's mine:

Nitro 911 - custom ordered w/out installed carpet, non-skid deck and snap-in carpet.

Patriot red/white/blue color with white interior

Merc 250xb

Minkota auto deploy TM

Garmin electronic's with GPS and autopilot built into the trolling motor

Hydralic Jack plate, hot foot and column trim

Hambys

Galvenized trailer

Custom Bimini for days of leisure

Modified front cooler into a baitwell for striper and bay fishing!!

That should do it! Oh, i'll need a new Dodge Hemi to tow it too!! LOL

I'll take the 911, with Mercury 250xs Optimax.

Detwiler Hydraulic Jack Plate

109lb MotorGuide 48" Shaft

Pretty much the same boat i currently have. Just with the bigger Motor.

A Champion 20' dcx would be my next choice.

Rich - I was also thinking a 21ft bay boat, I'd realy like one that has the rear convertible seats like the Logic 21ft centerconsole. That way when you want to cruise with the family there are more seats.

I figured the 911 with no carpet might be a good compromise.

MAN great minds think alike!!

Here's mine :)

Add the ZR2 package while you're at it!!!
http://www.gamblerboats.com/DaleEarnhart.html
DaleEarnhard_03.jpg

Yeah I'll have one of those too, but boat davits for the bassboat and lets not forget the bikini team.

fatrap

Hey Rob, order one of those Rangers for me while you'er at it. I'll take mine in Crimson & Cream. Also toss in a new 4X4 Dodge pickup, red with the Hemi would be nice.

Thanks

Harpo

1fish, it's a given we'd all have yachts. These boats we're picking as dream machines are yacht tenders.

Trep, the Fishmaster/Polar bay boats seem to have the best cruise package around. They have an option that gives you seating inserts that convert the bow and rear to more comfortable lounging areas.
p2300.jpg

But, still, if you want to fish anywhere from the San Fransisco Bay to the coastal islands of Georgia, it'd be tough to beat this bad boy...
03_2180mainlg.jpg

If i was going to go ocean fishing id want to be in this.
boatShot_R265.jpg

Rich, that polar is really nice it would be on the top of my list too.

Jim, if the two ladies come with the boat then I'll take it.

Wolf

Damn Bruce beat me to it.

I actually went over to the GAMBLER factory today. That is an experience you'll never forget. They took me on a tour.

Those hulls and decks are so strong, that they pick up the boats by the seat pedestal bases!!

One U.S.S. Enterprize complete with crew, and all the Bikini clad babes you want. You all think to small. One M1A1 tank for a tow vehicle. That should about do it.

Rich - I checked on www.polarboats.com and could not find that one, it looks great!

dang Bruce, i'm mad at you too as you beat me to it also! guess i'll just have to settle for the Gambler 2200 with the 300hp Merc! i'm impressed by the gamblers and hopefully someday i'll be in one. someday......

steven, after going to the factory, i'll bet you really got the itch for a new one now! :))

jd

Exactly what I got, 929CDX dual console, custom colors, 250XB, Bobs Machine Shop Hyd. 10" jack plate w/guage, hot foot, Garmin 240 and Lowrance 1240a on the front, Garmin 188c Graph-GPS,& Zercon flasher on console, Alpine XM satalite sterio CD player, 107 Motor Guide w/power gator lift, trim and hyd.jack levers on column, Seastar tilt hyd. steering, Nitro emblem in front deck carpet, tandem axel trailer with fiberglass fenders & surge brakes,spare tire w/matching wheel, swingaway tongue, disc brakes, ratchet tiedowns, 9 series Nitro custom cover, retractable rod straps, rod organizer, Motor Guide three bank 15 amp on board charger w/indicater panel, Hull matching keelguard,and Boat Patrol alarm system. This is my Dream Machine, and it was 8 K. less than the Stratos, plus it's a "NITRO".
929%20Nitro.jpg

I would have a difficult time deciding between the Triton TX-20 and the Nitro 898 with non-slip decks..... I really like the Triton..... But I am a member of the NTOWS.....

Either boat would have a 225 Merc Opti and all the gadgets I could load into it!

me!

I first ran a Ranger then I had a Triton Tr-20 and now I am running a Nitro 929DC in the Patriot colors and by far this is the best riding boat I have had. My wife who is my number one partner also thing this is the best boat we have had.
Picture_0069.jpg

Latest posts

Back