Dog lovers out there

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maybrfd

Reaction score
Hi out there. This is a kind of different help chat, but can't think of a bunch of great folks to find a solution.

My issue: I have a great German Shepard lady in my life. There is nothing she enjoys better than a day out fishing and swimming.

When I purchased my 175 combo, I had envisioned her using the swim platform to scratch her swimming itch. Much to my dismay, she can not get all four paws on it, and therefore I have had to resort back to beaching the boat where she can enter the front with a bound. I would stop here, but I forsee the day she breaks my front mounted electronics.

Any helpful advice from our furry companions and their humans greatly appreciated.

Thx!
Scott

I wouldn’t know what to do there , my dogs love to get into my Z9 and provide quality help with putting away new tackle....

Attachments

• BA69DE25-258D-4D59-90A4-B9971057121C.jpeg
    BA69DE25-258D-4D59-90A4-B9971057121C.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 41
  • D481488E-9559-4ADA-9D13-54E51EC98D6C.jpeg
    D481488E-9559-4ADA-9D13-54E51EC98D6C.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 44
My solution, now to train her to use it and figure out a retrieval system...it be a bit heavy. Thanks all for suggestions
20210524_073719.jpg
20210524_073709.jpg

park in shallow water let the dog get hungry coax up the ramp with bacon. taught my bird dog to jump to the top of dog box in a couple of lessons. when he got bigger he could jump 7 ft from standing. had to put a roof on the kennel.

We took her out yesterday. By the end of the day she used the ramp once, so is a quick study. My only issues was having to use the main motor (confirmed that two lithium iron phosphate batteries at 100ah in series will run a Terrova in relatively high winds for 2 8 hour days (continuously) - slightly higher than calculated....happy!). Dog, not so happy, as lake does not have very many sandy, turn your boat off, opportunities. She did manage to scare an entire island of birds and bring mom a very large dead fish skeleton....she was happy, mom, not so much!

if i took my bird for a run along the lake in early spring he would eat the winter killed and sun dried fish along the shore, bones a crunching. happy times.

had my bird dog half english setter and half lab point a walleye from the bow of my boat . i wondered what he was looking at , til i spotted the fish myself. dogs can see into the water lots better than humans.

Latest posts

Back