Does anybody live in maryland and fish the upper potomac river?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave price

Reaction score
Hi everybody, im new to the website and was interested to know if anybody fishes the upper potomac river near dam 4 or dam 5?? I've been fishing there this summer around july through now and would love some input on bass fishing there or any surrounding waters. Also interested in any bass clubs in the area.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave

Welcome Dave! Can't help ya since I'm a southern boy, but there are a few gents on the site who can help you out. Good Luck.

JP

Dave - I live in Virginia, but fish the upper Potomac quite a bit. Usually when the weather hits 90+ and its simply to hot to fish the lower! I usually fish Point of Rocks north past Brunswick. Great smallie territory and this past season, my personal best was a 15 incher (no scale to weigh). Same trip, a buddy of mine caught a walleye! First one I ever saw come out of the Potomac.

Thanks for the replys guys. Do you all have any other spots or lakes that you can recommend? JP you are from the south. where do you fish? i love trying new places. Any info would help I dont mind traveling at all.

Thanks again. Lower potomac sounds like a good spot. any of you guys fish that regularly?

Hi Dave, I live 10 miles from dam 5. If you put in at 4 locks ramp and go up river about 3 miles you will come to another boat ramp called McCoys ferry not a good place to put in unless the water is up.About a mile before you get there it is nothing but rock and ledges with grass and this goes on past the other ramp until it gets to shallow unless you have a jet.The small mouth are every where.I have caght at least 25 keepers there since august a couple in the 4LB range and lost all most that many. They seem to be hitting on the wackey worms and pumkin tubes.Last year they were really biting up until December.

elteewon, that was greatly appreciated. If you ever want to get together and fish with a partner please contact me. I work for myself and can make arrangements almost anytime as long as family/children conflicts arent present.

Thanks again.

DAve

Back