do you leave charger on all the time?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
I read on another forum about unpluging the charger after a day or so if its not a maintainer type charger. The charger on the 2004 PT175- is it a charger or both charger/maintainer? I know that chargers will dry up the cells if left on but a maintainer will not. Kenny

I have a Guest and I leave it on all the time. As far as I understand that is the correct procedure.

Harpo

Left my Guest Charger plugged in all winter long. Have been doing it ever since I've had it. The green light will slowly flash when it's in maintenence mode.

What brand and model # do you have??

Steve

OK, I just found the info on the Guest charger I have and it's a maintainer along with a charger and it can be left on always without harm. Kenny

Thanks Harpo, you are correct.

Kenny - If its the standard Guest 2611 (I think that is the model) with the package, Harpo (MAN It hurts me to say the Okie is right!!!) is right!!!

I plug mine in as soon as it gets in the garage and only unplug it the night before, so I don't pull out the next morning dragging a 100ft extension cord down the street!!! LOL

Harpo (MAN It hurts me to say the Okie is right!!!) is right!!!

ALRIGHT!!! Trep has seen the light....just follow me and I'll keep you on the right path.

:lol:Harpo

Kenny,

I have the same boat 2006 and charger. I leave it pluged in also

Mark

I keep mine plugged in all the time as well, but this winter I dried a battery out, it's down to 2 volts, I'm not good at watering them.

Toxic,

Probably why I did not have a long reserve since I got the boat, I was complaining (as usual), thinking it was the wires, I bet that batt was bad since day 1.

DOH:eek:

Back