Do you buy your tackle online?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Last night I was looking for tackle online because Bass Pro is always out of all the "hot" colors in certain baits. I had compiled a list of about 10 things I wanted to buy. I could not find one place on line that had everything I wanted.

If you buy online, what sites do you use? I know a few of the more popular ones but they still didn't have everything. Is there a reason for this? Just curious.

What colors and baits are you looking for. If we have them at our store I can pick them up for you after works some day. I get a huge discount for Bass Pro lable items.

fatrap

Fatrap, I appreciate the offer but it's not necessary.I'll take care of it. Part of the fun is the hunt. :p

Teri,

I find that when I want some specific items, in specific colors, I go on-line. Generally start with BassPro, but I also will shop at other on-line stores. When I go to a BassPro, Cabella's, Gander Mountain, or other large places, I find that it's far more difficult to find 'precise items', and wind up settling for what's there.

Example: Bandit 100, 200 in Pearl/Cht with a red tint. I want that one specifically, and when I buy, I generally buy 2-3 of each size wanted. Hard to find on a rack, most times.

Tex

Most of my shopping is local (bass pro, sportsmans warehouse). When I buy online it is usually something specific that I need to go directly to the manufacturer to purchase. The difference in paying taxes verses shipping costs is a wash in most cases.

If it is something specific, try the manufacturer. Might even find some extra sweet deals. SPRO is a prime example. Hard to find a lot of times but you can buy direct. Same with Yamamoto, if they make it you can get it online but there are a bunch of new colors that the stores don't have yet.

TOXIC

Teri,

I buy online from Bass Pro, Cabellas and Backwaters.com. Also ebay!

while I hate paying shipping, which is standard on almost all fishing tackle sites these days, for stuff I really like and use, since BassPro is 45 mins 1 way, its worth $5-10 every few months for shipping.

You are getting SO into this Tourney stuff, too cool!! you go girl!

Trep

Trep,

You are right. I am over the top with excitement. I've already got myself going pro next year which means a bigger boat and something to pull it with, although I love my Jeep, wish it had a 5000lb tow limit but it doesn't. Logically, one step at a time but the "dreamer" in me has me already winning some tournaments. Ha! I have a long way to go but it's fun to think about it. Wish I could do it full time but not too many people are blessed with that, especially women. Oh well, it's fun to dream!

I buy my spinnerbaots from a dude on Ebay. Mike hooked me up with him and he will make then exatly as I want...no buying them and then redoing them...... He also makes buzzbaits too.

Is there anyway we can all find out who this spinnerbait maker is CIII??? Or should anyone interested ask Mike?

Personally, even though they are not made with the best swivels, etc.., I have used Bush Hog and Top Hog spinnerbaits for a long, long time and they have always worked for me!! All of their spinnerbaits and buzzbaits are hand made by Disabled American Veterans.

Uncle Billy
http://bushhoglures.com/

UB,

Contact this guy: jim chennault [[email protected]]

Send him an email on exaclty what you want and he will hook ya up! (pun intended)

Did not know that about the BH lures.

Greg, we all have our opinions! But, if I do not have to remake them, and he makes them to my specifications, then they are the best for me!

Carlos,

S.O.B. will do the same.... I had the same arrangement years ago with a local tackle maker. Then a friend suggested I try S.O.B. I did and never looked back.

Unbelieveable quality and almost "too pretty" to use.

At best, you'll find a better bait, at the worst you have a great "fallback" position!

I'm going to order a couple from your guy just to compare... You should try the same...

Gregh,

Good idea! Alwyas good to have a fall back! You right there!

I do need a couple of 3/4 and 1 oz ones..I am pretty low there. I am stocked up on the 1/2 and 3/8 after I did my fall reorder.

I buy almost everything on-line. I use BPS and Cablea's as the scratch and sniff location for new stuff recon and then I can damn near always find it cheaper on the web even with shipping. Carlos got the hook-up for the spinnerbaits from me and I started dealing with him via Ebay. I used to buy components and build my own, but this guy uses top notch parts and I can't buy my stuff and put it together for what he sells them for. Electronics are the same way. Much cheaper on-line.

Latest posts

Back