Depth Sounder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
Just ordered my Vexilar FL18-SE depth sounder with the new 19 Degree AlumaDucer. Hopefully will receive it before my first tournament and can get it mounted and hooked up. I'm replacing the Hummingbird 160 that came with the boat with a high speed flasher type depth sounder. My first depth sounder was a hummingbird super sixty flasher which I really loved. I became really good at reading that old flasher. I'm looking forward to having another one mounted on my boat. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL Bassin... I had a Humminbird Super Sixty and then a Humminbird Super Thirty... They were both great flashers. I had the Thirty on my last boat that I sold two years ago and it was still going strong. It was a 1975 Rebel so that flasher was at east thirty years old when I sold it.

Bill

Mine was in the yellow bird box. I used it in my coleman canoe when I was fishing the smaller rivers and lakes around Waynesboro, PA . I used the sounder for a lot of years. I wish they still made them.:rolleyes:

I wish we still made the old flashers as well but it became too expensive to be able to do so. A lot of guys still have them and want to keep them running. Not making an advertisement plug here but if you can read a motorized flasher, you should be able to read the RTS Window in our current units. Just think of it as a vertical flasher. With the RTS Window you can get even faster sonar updates (up to 40 a second versus 30 a second with motorized flasher) and can see signal strength information (something you can

Were the yellow boxes for the portable units? I had mine on a 14' JonBoat and had the portable transducer holder. The transducer was column shaped and with the portable holder I could am it sideways. I wish I still had it. When I sold my boat I threw in a brand new TX-something or other and I should have told the guy he could have that but I was taking my Super-30 off:)

Bill

The yellow boxes were for the old portable flasher units. The metal ones even came in red and blue at some point. Must have been some special promotional deal or something as that was before my time. I friend

Back