Dents in fiberglass???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Summers

Reaction score
I tried to get a pic of this, but couldn't really get anything to show on film...

But, on the drivers side of my '02 700LXDC behind the drivers seat, there is a dent. Maybe not a dent, but it looks caved in a little, and isn't that way on the other side. The caved in area is probably as large as a dinner plate, and I can't tell if it's getting worse or it's just my imagination. Looking inside the fuel tank compartment, you can't see it of course...

So, is this something normal that just happens?? If not, what would you do about it? I can call the service dealer, but I want some opinions here first... they'll just say it's not a problem.

Thanks!

I'd have to see it to be sure but don't look at your boat like a car finish. Fiberglass flexes and around the stringers or "ribs" of the frame it will be far from smooth like the hood or sides of your car/truck. That being said, some is OK, heaved in side panels is not. Is it soft? Does it flex (a lot) or feel weak? Probably worth a trip to a fiberglass repair shop for an opinion, then to the dealer armed with information for the warranty repair.

TOXIC

Back