Denny Brauer's new TV show

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
Did anyone else catch it this morning on ESPN????

It looks like a good show. Basically, Denny sends some ameture angler out on a lake for a day of fishing. The angler has to look at a map, pick some spots, choose presentations / techniques and do the best that they can.

The next day, Denny goes out to the same exact spots and does everything the ameture does. While Denny's out there he analyzes everything that the angler did (right or wrong)and explains how he could have improved.

At the end, Denny "grades" the angler on:

Map skills

Boat Control

Lure selection & presentation

and a few others I can't remember.

The angler is awarded points based on a score card and I assume after the end of the tv season someone will win a prize. The show is very educational and well produced. I'll definitely tune in next week.

Sounds good ,I wander how they pick the ametuers.

I think they are BASS Master Ametures. Most likely came up through club and federation ranks like everyone else.

I thought is was very interesting. A whole lot more informative than the usual watching two guys chunking spinnerbaits at the bank.

Harpo

Ya, I caught it. I thought it's an original idea for a fishing program. MUCH BETTER then Beat Charlie Moore and Gotcha. I hate those shows.

Did you ever catch Denny's show he hadthe past couple of years? I can't remember the name of it but, I tought it was a great mixture of on-the-water teaching/fishing with good classrom instruction. I had my VCR set to record Denny's show this morning because they're always great informational toolsm to hav and review later.

I like this show, but really much perefered the classroom lectures he used to do on his last show.

Caught it. Thought it was pretty good. Like his old show also. Thought the grading was pretty neat. The student for today was a great guy in the way he graded himself and knew he had room for improvement and that he learned something in the process.

I could be mistaken but I thought Doug Hannon's show was the Bass professor and Denny's was the Bass Class.

I think Al is right about Denny's show, although I don't remember Doug Hannon having a show of his own. Seems like he was a regular on some show on ESPN. I'd like to see Hannon have his own show. I particularly like the underwater photography he does of the bass in their habitat.

Harpo

No one can remember the name?

Maybe that's why they changed the format! LOL!

I also caught the show and liked it much better than High School Bass.

Yes I saw the show and enjoyed it, of coarse I couldn't stop thinking about how Rob thinks he would do for a score while watching the entire show. LOL

Buzz

And, of course, Denny would then add that he thought that Rob was under rating himself..... LOL!!

I just caught a glimpse of about 3 minutes of it. I'm planning on trying to catch it during the week sometime. Sounds interesting.

Tex

Don't MAKE me back boat you AGAIN this year old man! LOL

I wouldn't expect anything less from you then being back boated.

Buzz

Back