Delivery Day Coming

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Butler

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I'm getting excited now. I pick up the 2004 NX 750 DC this Saturday after waiting since 1 May! What should I expect? Will the dealer configure the trailer wiring to meet my 2003 Tahoe trailer electric connector? Should they (Mare of Aquia, Stafford, VA)go over all the operational issues, e.g. livewell operation, etc.? Thanks, Bob

BOB!!!!

You are picking up your baot 2 minutes from my house!!!!

Make sure that you go over the boat and ANYTHING that is not right is either fixed or noted on paper. No word of mouth. Mare is a good dealer and they should give you a good tour and treat you right there.

Will have to hook up some time to go fishing. Where do you live? You know that Tox, KB, Bill, Dave and I get together and fish some on Anna and the River. You are more then welcome! If you put in at Hope Springs, you are 30 seconds from my house, so please give me a shout if you are in 'hood.

Carlos

I'm with you Bob. Just found out today that my 901 is manifested to be delivered next week. Mine's been on order since the last week in April, so I definitely understand the starting to chomp at the bit.

Bob,

I have bought 2 boats from Mare. If you want to, email me and we can talk about it.

I'd be glad to help.

I agree with Carlos..Go over it witha "fine toothed comb" and make sure everything works and anything that also needs adjusted or replaced. That means pumps,lights gauges...also lift all lids and inspect underneath as far as you can. Check your trailer over good too...Tracker likes to leave the trailers "uncovered" so it could have been out in the weather a loooong time:)

Bought mine from Mare in Maryland. I made them let me take it out before I gave up my money. I went with one of their mechanics and he showed me how a lot of the stuff on it worked. Had a chance to make sure the live and bait wells worked as well as the engine and depthsounder. Also got a lesson on how to get it up on the trailer.

I also brought along a friend that knows about boats and was my devil's advocate. Since he wasn't involved in the deal, he could take a more objective view of the whole process. If he had said to not do it, I would not have done it until I resolved his issues and made sure I wasn't screwing up. Enjoy the boat.

Write down what they say to do about the engine break-in period and make sure you get all your manuals and warrantee papers. They did a good job with mine.

david....

Bob, all you need is the adapter to go from the big round plug (comes standard on the tahoe) to a flat four prong plug. You can get the adapter from your GM dealer for about 15 or 20 bucks.

wolf

Thanks for the feedback all. I called today and Mare says they have the "adapter" for my Tahoe - so counting the hours...

Hey man,

Let me know if you want to meet there. I have a bit of knowledge now on Nitro's. Been on a few of them :)

Carlos

Back