Decisions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F.

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on purchasing an 882,898, or 901. I haven't actually seen an 882 or 898 in person. Does anyone that owns either of these models not like anything about their boats? Chris.

I have a 882 and love it. Had very few problems with it and it runs great.

What kind of waters do you fish? if its tight and hard to manuever a boat the 882 might be good. if its more open the bigger 20 foot 898 or 19 foot 901 would be good.

I love everything about my 882. Except that its tight to fish 4 people out of. 3 is fine 4 is a little tight. and its tight to fish 2 people off the front.

BJ

BJ, did you buy your 882 at Bass Pro in Oklahoma City? If so, do they keep a wide selection on hand? I was thinking of driving there to compare models.

No i bought it at the springfield store.

I go to BPS often and drive by it all the time. In the back they have a lot of boats. In the showroom they always have an assortment. I haven't seen a whole lot of 898s there but they always have a 901 and a 882.

hope this helps

BJ

Chris, I was in the same boat as you (no pun intented). Living in Florida I was leaning heavily towards the 898. However, this being my first boat I realize this is to much boat for me and plus I do not have the space for a 20+ ft boat. So I then decided to get the 882. This is probably the perfect boat for me now, but in 1 or 2 years I know I would be looking for something a little bigger. Once I make this major investment that's it for a long time, so I decided to get the 901. I figure I can grow into it and plus I fish a lot of local tournments which should come in handy with this boat. I think the 901 will be the best choice in the long run.

Chris i also own an 882 and i really like it. Honestly there really isnt much i dont like about my boat, it has few flaws from the factory. Granted i have added a bunch of stuff to it to get it where i want it( hot foot, radio electronics etc). I have qa 150 xr6 on mine and after i had the prop blueprinted and jacked the motor as far as it can go on the stock plate the boat flies and pops on plane almost instantly. If fishes great and has plenty of places to stow all my junk and i carry a lot of it. The only things i didnt like about it when i got it were the cable steering was not of the no feedback type and the main power wire for accessories was too small. I upgraded both for a small cost so they arent a problem anymore.

Back