Dayton Boat Show Blows!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Guys..if your considering going...DON'T! Your wasting money unless your lookin' for a good deal possibly on a new Tracker. They have the whole backside of the arena CLOSED! I did see the V16 Angler with a 50 ready to go for $9995 out the door(possibly cheaper this weekend). Nice heavy 16...nice solid "thump" anywhere on this little rig.A Pretty deep boat INHO.. Plenty of room but, not much storage(which is common with smaller rigs). Welds are improving from what I seen on the floor. Maybe Tracker really is lurking and listening?

I was at the Pittsburgh boat show, looking at the Trackers and I did not like the welds at all. They were sloppy. If they are going to go all welded, why don't they take the time to grind them smooth.

Rich D

???? What boat? The ones I seen here looked pretty good...

If you grind it smooth on aluminum...you'll loose strentgth integrity. UNLESS your using thicker aluminum and can chamfer the edges for the weld to penetrate.

I've seen others that didn't look good. My boat actually has good looking, even bead welds...lucky?

I was looking at a couple of the TX 17s, the bead welds by the transom were average, but the welds along the hull were very sloppy. In several places the weld "stuck out" about a quarter of an inch.

Those are done by hand still....So it was done on Monday morning or Friday around quitting time:)

Seriuosly...they do need to inspect them a little closer. That's one of the main reasons I made em' fork over a new boat:) Quality Control is what it's all about...not necessarily production problems either, your gonna' have those and ya' gotta' catch em':)

Hey Tee

Come up to Sidney this weekend to the tackle show. Only one boat up for raffel, but great tackle.

Back