Dang it looks like a big blow could be coming to the gulf again.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Lea.

Reaction score
Hold on all you wet southerners looks like another one is on it's way. I feel for all you that got drenched last week and those that still are!

I'll be back at the Florida Emergency Operations Center again later this week I expect.

Our Police Department has started the pre-check list for the hurricane. We all have our personal check list to complete once the hurricane hits the Gulf. I've been thru Betsy in 1965, Camille in 1969, Andrew in the 80's and of course Katrina and Rita in 2005. We do what we have to do to survive.

Barry from La.:)

This one is moving slowly, which is good for increase in strength, bad for the Gulf Coast. Again, be awhile before we know where it's really headed.

Tex

Just let it peeter out, i'm heading to Disney on Sat AM I want a DRY vacation!

Trep right now it appears to be leaning to the west and if the current predicted track holds Barry will be the one to Deal with it. But who knows what these things will do. Barry you may want to hire one of those voodoo bone shakers to steer this away from you.:eek:

Yea we here in Houston will start seeing the big info boards on the freeways spread more paranoia. They say "Hurricane forming, fill your tanks." I love it, we will fill our tanks and sit at the house.

This one is worth watching, all of the operators will start moving people in from offshore mid-week I am sure.

E5Zero - I lived in Houston and you are right, along with bottled water, bread, beer... !!

We are supposed to be headed to Gulf Shores, AL this weekend to visit my in-laws. If this one gets serious, looks like they may be headed to Knoxville, TN to visit us.

HA!!! I'm going to Vegas for a week!! Albeit for work. Y'all be safe, I'll have my crackberry but I'll be busy most of the time. Watch the news!!

TOXIC

Watched the weather report this morning. Key seems to be what it will do in the next 36 hours or so. Away from the mountains; back into warmer water; pressure in the lower 48 (SE) pushing it more westerly. Right now, looks like upper Texas coast to lower LA coast. May push up into E. Texas afterward, but that is all conjecture, right now.

For us in E. Texas, may be a wet beginning to next week. Still have a bar-b-que planned for this Sunday.

Tex

Latest posts

Back