Dale

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ Extrom

Reaction score
Well boys and girls the movie Dale is on CMT tonight at 8:00. The prelude is on now.

Been a fan since the early 80's Sorry he's gone. That's when thing's in Nascar were right not like now. The COT give me a break. Time to get off my box.

CJ

CJ, No disrepect to you or a 7 time champion. But I never cared for him and refuse to wear wrangler jeans or drive a chevy for just that reason. He had my respect because he could drive, but I never cared for his tactics. The if I can't beat you I will wreck you attitude is what cost him his life. His choice. I don't watch much cashcar today and would not know most of the drivers with out a program. But I did hear that gibbs racing is going toyota next year? If thats the case I hope Tony takes Home Depot to the IRL, teams up with AJ and wins the 500 next year.

My first of 15 Daytona 500's, 1983, Dale and Ricky Rudd where team mates for Bud Moore driving the wranger 5 and 15 car. Bill Elliott sat on the pole next to Cale in the 28 car. Kyle Petty was in the 21 Citgo car all Fords. Mark Martin showed up with 1 car on a ramp truck and made the field. You could talk to the drivers and crew while they waited in line to get into the track the night before. Yep the good old days. My list of memories goes on and on. Never met a better group of people. The fans lack a little some times but a racer is a racer.

Take Care

BF

Most people never new Sr to say what he was like, this movie showed it, i was always a Sr fan, and alwyas will remember what racin used to be like, and yes, his way was racin(IMO), if yer in the road he will move ya which is how it should be, no disrespect Bruce, i don't mean to sound mean, but when someone says I won't drive a chevy or wear Wrangler jeans cuz of a race car driver thats pretty pathetic don't cha think?:D

I'll be hangin with the Hendricks Motorsports guys all day Sunday at Woo Daves charity tournament. I'll be guiding the Manager of Bass Pro Shops/Hampton. Last year Joe Gibbs Racing crew was there also. This year Johnny Morris is supposed to be there in person. Last year, he donated $25,000 for one of Woo's mom's pecan pies!!:eek::D They auction off a boatload of stuff including driver autographed parts of their cars that thy lose during the races!! I've seen hoods....rear quarters....rear wing (2 pieces:lol::lol:), fenders, etc. They usually go for some good $$.

TOXIC

I was a long time NASCAR fan and at one time held a NASCAR Sportsman Division Racing License. That was way before the powers that be in Florida ruined what was once the best form of motorsports in the world (IMO). On a side note, I bet "BIG" Bill France, Sr is spinning in his grave to see what has become of his organization.

As I was, and still am a Ford man I was never a big Dale, Sr fan. I always pulled for Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison. I did respect the man for his off track charities, his willingness to help anyone in need and for his driving ability. Even the King, Richard Petty has said in the past that Dale, Sr was probably the most talented driver to ever come down the pike. Like they said, he could "see air" on a super speedway. While on the shorter tracks if you were slower than Sr, he would pressure you for a lap or so to get out of his way, then you could expect a bump. After the bump, if you didn't move, he would move you. Man, that's nothing but old time hardcore racing. If it was in the closing laps, he would simply move you. I don't remember him ever wrecking someone on purpose on a super speedway though, but I could be wrong. Even though I was never a big fan, I miss him being on the track.

Sorry Bruce, but I do wear Wranglers, not becuase of Sr and most certianly not because of Jr, but because they fit and are a good value. As to the GM thing, I've had a few but much prefer Fords and Jeeps. I don't use or don't use products due to who endorces them, but to each his own;)

Steve

I lost all interest in the sport when Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison were killed.

Latest posts

Back