Curiosity

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Smith

Reaction score
I was lookin on ebay and I stumbled along something very interesting.

There is a guy on there selling his whole fishing collection for around ten grand. He is selling a bunch of Gloomis rods all bought in march 2003 supposidly...all of his Gloomis rods are outfitted with various types of top of the line schimano reels...both casting and spinning. Also he is selling a lot of tackle in his auction.

Ok my math may not be that good but Gloomis rods only cost $250 brand new and outfitted with a top of the line schimano reel will set you back another $180 and wit 20 rods for sale (if that is right) i will check back later and see how many for sale. That only puts the price at 8600 plus a couple hundred dollars in tackle.

I am just wondering do you think he will get that amount for his collection?

T.S.

It seems with Ebay, you need to do your homework, just like you did. That is lots of money, even for a whole collection liek that.

Carlos

I don't see anyone dropping that much coin on used tackle, but then again, what do I know!

Rich D

Travis -

I am always amazed at the prices people pay on e-bay for items such as Shimano reels. Curado's go for very near retail! I simply don't know what people are thinking when they fork over such amounts..... They aren't a bargain. I guess people just get carried away with "winning" the auction.

Will he get $10,000? Probably not if he is selling it in one, large lot - the people who have that much money aren't that stupid. (Well..... Most aren't!)

But, if he were to break it down into individual pieces..... People often bid just on a whim.....

me!

LOL!! Travis, many of us are "very old" - or at least I am - and don't have that kind of money! LOL!!

Daaaaaayyyyyyaaaaaammmmm....It wasn't much more than that for my boat AND motor!

It may be easy but you don't go out and spend it all at one time and you certainly don't turn around and sell it a couple of months later.I would ask if they have all the reciepts. Cause any way you look at it,it doesn't add up!

I don't trust the guys story, but he has the mack-daddy stuff! Those are some mighting pricing reels, some pushing $400. Love Shimano, Love Loomis, love my 10G's even more!

I think it may be reps pooling there samples and selling the stuff. I bought some skirts from a guy the other day and all he was selling was Berkley stuff. I gotta a good deal on them but I still think he had a connection to the factory.

After a quick review of his selling and buying history he sells fishing stuff every March, he is starting a little early. I think he is ligit.

Information is such a wonderful thing..He isn't dead because he just bought a Ford F250 King Ranch so he just spent $40K+, he needs that to pull the Triton so he isn't getting rid of the boat, he just put a new PST battery in it. He just dropped over $3500 on Snap-On tools in the last 30 days and now is selling $10K worth of fishing gear? Hummm, my guess is someone with too much money or is some kind of rep or Pro selling off gear. :)

Is spring here yet?

Cass

Well you ought to know...you never returned the one you borrowed from me!! HA

My wife say's for what i got in my boat motor and tackle. The fish i catch run about $500. a pound and then you throw them back, Go figure

Dave,

I used to try and figure out how much each fish was costing me, per trip and I quit as I was getting scared!!!!! That did not even take into account the cost of the gear, just gas, boat bait etc.

Carlos

Shouldn't that be "Mr. 2-929's"?

Talk about the high cost of fishin'.....

Back