Creaky deck on PT-175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R.

Reaction score
I have a 2003 PT-175 and the very left rear corner of the back casting deck is creaking and I can't figure out how I can get to it to see what's causing it. It is directly behind the small storage compartment on the left that is foam filled behind the passenger's seat. It appears that the carpet is glued down on that part of the deck and not wrapped around a deck board. It is right beside where the batteries are but you can't access it from there either as there is an aluminum divider there that separates the compartments. Anyone have any ideas what's causing the creaking noise when you step on it and how I might fix it? Thanks.

My PT-185 does it too. If you figure out how to make it stop let me know.

Harpo

Bad news...broken weld! This is one of the reasons I got a new boat...made em' take it back....broken and missing welds ALL underneath and they wanted to take up the carpet and fix it and it had only been in the water twice. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

People have to understand these boats are HAND WELDED and each one is different.

Think not.....I'll put my 02' up against most of the new ones I've seen on the showroom floors!

As a long time tool and die maker....I know a good weld when I see one and some of these new ones would not pass by my standards!

Just two cent...I'd talk to your dealer and at least have it looked at...it could cause more problems later.

Must be the same gut that welded mine...same spot:eek:

Back