Crazy Weekend

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
What a crazy weekend it was for me. From thursday to saturday afternoon, I ended up working 40 hours in a little less than 3 days time. I was resting comfortably at home last thusday when the power went out, 30 minutes later the phone rang, and I was ordered into work along with all other available officers including those on leave days and vacations. What a crazy few days, and was glad it ended when it did because I had a tourney yesterday on St. Clair. I was looking forward to a relaxing day of fishing the T, however my partner and I were greeted by 3 - 4 foot waves from blast off to finish. My fish finder broke off its mount, fire extinguisher broke off its mount, half dozen deck screws were sticking up from the floor about a quarter inch and today it feels like I got into a tussle with a gorilla. It was a 6 fish T, we got our 6, but they were just legal, threw them back while others were weighing in and went home with our tails between our very sore butts. It was fun anyhow, I'd do it again in a second.

Other than the minor damage I mentioned above, the mighty TV-18 and 150 XR6 came through unscathed. Performed like a champ in the nastiest water I've ever had it in.

it hurts so good doesn't it??...LOL Smitty,..my hat's off to all the cops in SE MI...you guys did an AWESOME job during the blackout....I was totally impressed (and blown away) by the courtesy of all the other driver's too!! Couldn't believe how EVERYBODY treated all the intersections like 4 way stops too....there's always some yahoo who blows through one,...but I drove all over friday and saturday and never saw 1 single accident!!! It just seemed like everyone just throttled back and took it easy,...that was cool!! I saw cops everywhere too...mostly in the big intersections,....but they were mild mannered and just doing their jobs,....made the whole deal a LOT easier to get through,........good job man!!!

Mac

Yes great job smitty....

We drove from Eliz Park to Marine City in that stuff.....

We were putting the Triton back together this morning....

FYI ALL BOATS have these problems up here....not just Trakers or Tritons. It is the water we choose to fish. AND the water that has the most recreational boat traffic in the world, and when you throw Ma Nature into the mix....lol

Mini

Thanks Mac, I appreciate your kind words. For the most part, everyone behaved themselves. Of course there was a small element of society that DID take advantage of the lack of power. We had about a dozen businesses broken into and some minor mischief problems, but things went smoothly. Time went by quickly though cause we were running from call to call. There were a few who chose to disregard the 4 way stops at intersections. In fact I spent alot of my thursday night trudging through the swamp and woods behind Troy Beaumont Hospital looking for a hit and run driver. I got to play around with our night vision goggles and get eaten alive by mosquitos at the same time...!! We had our K-9 and Oakland County's chopper in the sky looking for the dude, the chopper was using their fleer system (detects body heat)to try and locate him. He managed to give us the slip though, but we picked him up later in the night at his apartment in Royal Oak. The passengers in the other car he hit were hurt pretty bad, but appear to be on their way to a full recovery.

cool.....glad it wasn't anymore serious,...and it's even better that you got the dude later!!! make him PAY!!!!

Thanks Mini, appreciate it. My partner and I fished the Oakland County Bassmaster T. We ran from Ensign to Detroit River, was'nt too bad going south with the waves, but coming back was a whole nother story. I kept looking back to see if my motor and transom were still there. Now I know the limits of my TV-18 and I believe I reached them yesterday. I heard most guys did well up around the Marine City area. Thought I had a good spot picked out though down by the river but it did'nt pan out and mother nature did'nt give me much room to change my plans during the day. Oh well, another day, another way.

hey,...BTW,...did you get that toad walleye back from the taxi yet??? that was a hawg'eye!!!

Not yet, but it should be ready soon. They said late August, early September.

Gotta split now, on the way to the Ortho with the rugrats.

We saw some bassboats at Marine City when we crossed at the ferry. Man, stuck in my car on the ferry without a rod & reel, Can you troll behind a ferry??? The water looked awesome, really blue. I suppose thats why the bridge is the Blue Water Bridge, aye.

Gene

Latest posts

Back