CoPilot remote for MinnKota

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Does anyone use the CoPilot remote with their MinnKota trolling motor? I see it in the catalog all the time and I always "want" it. I was wondering if it really controls your boat easily via the remote or is it one of those concepts that looks really good but doesn't really work?

Teri - I haven't used one personally but have fished with one of the best "striper" guides on Lake Anna. He has one and it seems to work well, although his boat is a 25 foot pontoon rigged for stripers. Not sure if it is that great for a bass boat.

I got the Co-Pilot system add-on Xmas '05 from my fishing buddy. It is one of the best things I got last year. I got a 2nd controller so when I'm up front & hook a big-un, my rear decker can control the boat also so all I need to worry about is landing the fish. I put the foot control totally away in a compartment & hung the controllers on neck lanyards (didn't like the rod clips or watch strap they came with). My MK is a 74# Auto Pilot which also works in conjunction with the Co-Pilot for small course adjustments while on AP. Great add-on & worth every penny in my mind.....

Teri,

They are very popular among walleye people... I have two remotes also for the same reason, either one of us can correct the boat...

Back