Considering buying a 2006 591w/175 opti, input please!!!!

• Thread starter Avery Gilliland2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avery Gilliland2

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2006 Nitro 591 w/175 opti, asking price is 17,500. Any comments or concerns with this model. Does not have power steering, seller said he only notices the torque getting up on plane. Thanks in advance, Gilly

Ask him to drive it. Personally... I'd opt for hydraulic steering. I had a 18 footer without it, and then swapped it out myself. I'd never go back to cable steering after seeing the difference it made.

All the best,

Glenn

I agree with the hydraulic steering. Had cable in my 150 and it was a work out steering especially in rough water or at WOT. I have hydralic on my 200 opti and love it.:D

I have dual cable on my 591. I'm sure that hydraulic is better but I don't have any complaints. It always turns when I turn the wheel.... that's all I ask. I agree with what your seller told you. After all it's a bass boat not a Cadillac.

I agree with Harpo, not having hydraulic steering isnt the end of the world. I ran my 882 for 7 years without it and i naver had any problems. What i did to make it a little nicer was installed a no feedback helm and it made a huge difference in the torque. The nfb helm was a nice to have not a requirement, i never had any trouble holding on to the boat when it had the regular steering. I do think Glenns advice is good, drive it. If you dont like how it feels you dont have to buy it.

I agree with everyone that hyd steering is nice, i have it on my z7 but i would have no problem buying a boat with cable steering again.

Latest posts

Back