CONGRATS TO ROB

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Baker2

Reaction score
Rob ended up in 15th place with a payout of $6000 :)

awesome job

Upstate NY representing

Kenny

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Rob!!! Keep that head of steam rollin' on into the next T! Great job!! :D

thanks guys. It was a TOUGH day. I went to my 1st spot and there was at least 20 boats in there beating it to a froth. So I then went to my spot from yesterday but there was a few boats in there and we tore it up yesterday. So I ended up at a community hole and boated my one and only fish. One more and I would have made the cut. Anyway, 1st in the NE TBF, 6th in the country for TBF and 15th in the country for BFL ain't too shabby. Now I get to go start all over back home to requalify for next year.

By the way, the one fish came on a shaky head.

Good job brotha.

We caught nearly 200 smallies today, I sure wish I coulda sent just one your way.

Good news and bad news:

Bad news first: because I was not the original owner of my Ranger, I am only Ranger Cup qualified not Ranger Bonus qualified. This event despite what was posted is Ranger Bonus, so I left $3,000 on the table. Also because I did not own an E'rude or Yama I left another $3000 on the table. I COULD be taking home $12,000 rather than $6000 tonight.

Good news: Finally my wife was present to see and hear that and feel first hand the loss. Plus Sgt from National Guard prostaff team made a big plug for me along with all the Ranger guys and the boss gave me the green light for a NEW "NEW" rig.:D I am meeting with the Ranger rep today to get pricing on paper for one of the new TBF specialty/BFL All American boats. They only have about 10 hours tops on the outboard. It's a Z520 with 250 Etec HO or HPDI. Etecs are faster but apparently Yamas are more reliable. Don't know what way I'm going yet.

They come with Minn Kota Vortrex 101, Lowrance HDS8 at console and HDS5 on the bow. Oxygenator in the livewell, keelguard. TM pedal is recessed and front deck is padded. Only thing I need to add is a jack plate, hot foot, and pro trim. Probably a loc-r-bar too. They truly are the "dream rig". It will tame Champlain's chop nicely.

I do have 2 interested parties but if they fall through, my rig is for sale immediately for $13k firm. She is obviously tourney ready and I just dumped a grand into the efi.

Rob,

Get the Evinrude... Those HO's are quick... And, an extended warranty takes all the worry out of the "reliability" issue (not that there is one). My mechanic (the guy I called) is both Yamaha and Evinrude certified. He swears that the Evinrude is a better motor (Yamaha 4 strokes are better, according to him).

Great job. You had a great year just to get there, let alone finish in the top third. Sucks about the bonus money, but sounds like it worked out in the long run. Good luck on making it back next year, it has got to be one of the hardest tournaments to qualify for.

Great job Rob, I know this is belated, but I been checkin in here when I can and doing quick reads to keep up these days, congrats man!

Back